Thread: Gigabyte MA770-UD3 Rev. 2.1 Bios, Sound Problem

Gigabyte MA770-UD3 Rev. 2.1 Bios, Sound Problem

I have a whole convoluted of problems, which I would like to go through with you again. I was told that you're the best here and maybe you can help me. The mainboard is a new Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 Rev. 2.1 with BIOS version FI (all versions already tested). And the other things that are installed:
    • AMD Phenom X3 720 Black Edition
    • 4 GB Adata Vitesta Extreme Edition DDR2 800 +
    • Sparkle 8800GT
    • Seagate SP2004C S-ATA II
    • OCZ ModXStream 450 Watt NT (26A @ 12V)
    The problem is I need the reboot my hard drive then 2 attempts. At the 2nd Start booting the PC (judging by the record sounds in the normal LEDs) apparently by a black screen. Instead of the 2 * 4 pin (or 1 * 8-pin) connector CPU only 1 * 4Pin is available and connected. 2 * 4 pin / 1 * 8 pin is supposed to create the maximum CPUs and more stability in OC and quad cores. In all bios versions after version FI, I cannot use 2 sound cards. Since I installed is Windows 7 64bit with 4 GB memory and using an Audigy 4, is not the mic input of the soundcard. Since I have no money for a new card, so I leave microphone and processed sound in the on-board sound and good output for just the fourth Audigy. To BIOS version FI are there no problems. All new versions, however, prevent the simultaneous operation. In the Device Manager will then be switched on despite the on-board sound, only the fourth Audigy With the flash on FI are both back again. I simply do not understand what Gigabyte has made since that has changed. I am hoping for some help from your side sooner.

Re: Gigabyte MA770-UD3 Rev. 2.1 Bios, Sound Problem

With a Gigabyte motherboard in the company were graphic dropouts and standby modes of death (which did not come back on) on the agenda. The dealer had a 4-connector is not connected to set out. When both stuck to the motherboard it was stable, but on a Core System i5 ... My guess is that it is still plus point on the power supply with you. I think that you might have got some hint from this post.

Theoretically, the power supply range. But at high load, the voltage fluctuates more, which can make the system unstable. This can offset the 8 contacts may be better than 4. Accordingly, the power supply here could cause problems. After the update you've always done a CMOS Clear? Should not be missed. You can also try to time the activation EasyTune6. A user had to activate the cores with ET, that the BIOS did not want to own.

Regarding sound: Do you have on it because the latest drivers from Realtek? Maybe helps, yes. For the Audigy's drivers are also packages that do not originate from Creative. Which would be well worth a try.

Thanks for the reply!! You guys are the best!! So I'm just a friend of a CoolerMaster 500W 80 + bronze NT get more with 10 A on the 12 volt rail AND! * 2 pin 4 ... I will test then ... I miss the times then try at a successful time-EasyTune 6. Because of the sound:
    • Realtek drivers are currently
    • Audigy drivers are currently
    For the Audigy 4 drivers, the micro-problem is not resolved. The sound card can not work technically ram with 64bit system with more than 3.5 GB ... Not even no drivers. With the BIOS FI is the parallel operation ... So I leave it first so ... otherwise I must, do on the onboard sound completely change ... that is good enough? from old experiences I can remember that was very bad and sounded tinny and not really the bringer was ...I just remembered that the nucleus was also unlock by AMD Overdrive, BUT then came back.

Who has the CPU "pretested"? Were as specified clock rates? A newer BIOS might help, however, entirely. Onboard sound ... because the 889A is really very good. However, I have for comparison, a Audigy2ZS and an X-FI Platinum. And already the difference to the Audigy 2 is enormous not only in games with EAX, even in music. The onboard sounds are unfortunately still not very great, but what is usually only when good pit stops (in my case is a surround sound system tuned by HK, which of course sounds better than any boxing for 50 Euro). Have you tried the BIOS FKB? Yes Is a beta BIOS, so maybe you have not been tested. I have the problem with the Audigy times recorded in the bug list. Is the sound chip not available / in Device Manager?

The chip under the cooler is tiny (because AMD in the NL only one HT link <-> has installed PCIe Switch, nothing else). Therefore, the cooler wobble with relative ease. Previously, extremely sticky pads used and the cooler was better. But if the release times, they conduct heat rather poorly. Therefore, it is now commonly used paste. The problem affects all manufacturers, but usually (at Asus have had the same problem on a CrossFire Xpress 3200). The chip under the cooler has indeed no heat spreader, which would provide a larger area (and thus better stability). Therefore you should not wiggle the cooler, because otherwise this can damage silicon (which is extremely brittle, fragmented therefore relatively soon). The temperature value can bend but you. The measured value is not displayed in gigabytes EasyTune, it was therefore not "calibrated" (possibly the responsible even for the fan control and report on crap). As long as you can handle the cooler longer than a split second, is it not so tragic. Usually, you jerks back as early as 50 ° C, the fingers are good, therefore "measure temperature" is not really for. So far, there was already many users who were worried (Some have even changed the radiator against a Thermalright, which has won only brought about 5 ° C for the measured value), but a defect has been reported to no one.

The springs must exceed a certain amount of pressure (not otherwise damaged, the NL). Accordingly, the pressure must not be so high. AMD specifies the allowable pressure in a grid (as with the CPU). Any modification is usually a guarantee. However, Gigabyte is quite generous relative (if not grossly negligently handled, then press the sometimes the eye). And a difference between white silicone paste of Brand A or B can be seen at the break does not really. Even in a lining of mostly 2 and is little more pushpins pushpins or replacement are not for sale commercially. But there are small Blower generate a lot of power, unfortunately, expensive (about 20 - Euro) and the attachment is a craft work. But they are efficient.