Thread: Bios F11 not working with GA-MA785GM-S2H (rev. 1.1)

Bios F11 not working with GA-MA785GM-S2H (rev. 1.1)

Have my bios updated to F9 F11, unfortunately F11, no longer work with the BIOS to boot from a USB stick or SD card. With the F9 that works perfectly, so I got the restored. I have tried to search this issue on Google, but I didn't get any appropriate solutions over there, rather I should say I didn't observed anyone getting an issue like mine. It seems that I am unique person getting this error. I think that I have landed on perfect forum, that would help me fast.

Re: Bios F11 not working with GA-MA785GM-S2H (rev. 1.1)

Did you boot from USB enabled in the BIOS after BIOS update? Our experts has tested the time and found no problems. Boot from USB problems.
    • In the F12 boot menu our USB stick appears as a hard disk.
    • If the USB stick as 1 Boot Device is set, the board will boot from the USB also.
    According to me, you should try this troubleshooting to get rid of this problem.

I have a MA785GMT-UD2H rev1.1 and identical problems. After updating the BIOS to version F9 can this not also boot from USB. The stick worked before without any problems on this board and on other computers ... GRUB or syslinux can boot from USB, and I have been all the other (USB / SATA) devices removed, but only get the message "boot error" ... After some testing I was able to successfully downgrade to F6. By incremental test to find out I could see that it started between F7 and F8. At the F8/F9 Stick not even appear more as a hard disk in the F12 menu / USB-HDD does not work also .... Don't know exactly what would be the reason.

The computer is running stable? Did you reset the BIOS (clear CMOS jumper)? If the computer is not stable, it may be that the board settles the backup BIOS. The F12A is a beta BIOS, therefore, can well be a bug. Instead you can also use the Clear CMOS Load Optimize Defaults (in the BIOS). I think that it should help you to some extent. Flashe QFlash times with the BIOS itself, for BIOS is not very reliable. So I would not recommend it.

Even, I had tried to test that for myself. Well, there's not much other hardware:
    1. CPU - AMD Sempron 140
    2. RAM DDR2 1GB Kingston
    3. Standard 450 watt power supply which is bored ...
    4. A 10 GIG HD to IDE port
    Bios, oh, yes seen grad - had earlier compared to the GA download page the board revisions and the associated files and so I was standing still on the hardware Rev. 1.0. And now the board is running with the F6 of the HW Rev. 1.0. That was not intentional, but I can use it the first time ever ... I now once again gone to trial as F12A. It is interesting that I can always make the bios update via USB and Qflash - but under F6 is displayed on the USB stick as USB-HDD QFlash and F12A as Floppy B. Now I am also waiting for an explanation.