Thread: How to reset/disable/enable BIOS password on Poweredge 2800

How to reset/disable/enable BIOS password on Poweredge 2800

As you can understand that I am facing BIOS problem with Poweredge 2800. The problem is that I want reset / disable/ enable BIOS password on Poweredge 2800. I think that there is password jumper on the motherboard of this poweredge 2800 for disabling the BIOS password. The procedure that I was knowing, is not working for me right now. I have pressed F2 then it is giving me option for changing password without entering previous password. But it is not changing. If there is any solution for the problem I am facing then please let me know about that. Any related reply will be appreciated.

Re: How to reset/disable/enable BIOS password on Poweredge 2800

Well the solution for the problem that you are facing is really simple and there are two things that you can do for solving this problem. First you can try to check the troubleshooting guide for this Poweredge 2800. In that you have to check the section for motherboard jumper that section includes information about password reset jumper. The other option that you are having is that you should check the underside of the cover. I am sure that there you will find a diagram that is having diagram with the password jumper location. The jumper must be present near the memory bank.

All I have a Dell Power Edge 2650 server whose bones had problems and it comes to reinstall Windows 2000. In my server, the disk is partitioned into 4 and each partition contains important data. Windows 2000 will not boot, and I do not know what the raid server was installed. It is therefore subject to reinstall windows 2000 server without any time to crush the partitions without deleting data to existing data and replace hard disk drives so that the server works as before. I am stuck and I do not know if there is a utility that will allow me to find the configuration that my server was installed and retrieve old data.

I think that I am also having similar problem. I purchased a Dell PowerEdge 2400 server and would like to install Windows 2000 server but cannot. Here's the config; dual processor P3 733MHz, 1GB Ram, 5 of 6 GB each Hdd scsi, scsi cdrom in adaptec7890 also via a map. When starting the server when I go into the bios by tapping F2 in boot sequence, I: device list, ctr> and when I hit ctrl> I go to a submenu and I have done the following setting
    Boot Device Priority: Hard drive c
    Exclude from device priority: AIC-7890 SCSI cdrom drive A diskette drive I cannot mount the AIC-7890 SCSI cdrom to where I Boot Device Priority. If I support F10 at startup (Utility Mode), I go to a submenu with two options:
    1) Configuration / view host adjust settings
    2) SCSI disk utilities
    If I go in the first submenu (configuration / view) I have 2 other options: scsi bus interface and additional options. Finally, if I pressed any startup I get the message: a bootable cdrom in your cdrom IS Detected device, The Selecter On Your bootable cdrom are:
    0 default entry
    SCSI ID # 1 cdrom drive: 466.20.0
    SCSI ID # 2 cdrom drive: 466.20.0
    SCSI ID # 3 cdrom drive: 466.20.0
    SCSI ID # 4 cdrom drive: 466.20.0
    SCSI ID # 6 cdrom drive: 466.20.0
    SCSI ID # 7 cdrom drive: 466.20.0
    Thank you for your help will be invaluable to me.

The procedure is longer and more demanding than for the password managed by Windows. Indeed, it is necessary to open the computer to access the motherboard. All subsequent handling should always be performed on the microphone off. Arm yourself in advance of the manual of your PC, which includes a map of the motherboard. Then search for the component called CMOS. It contains in its memory the date, time and various parameters, including the famous password. To remove it, you'll have to empty the contents of that memory. There are two possibilities depending on the motherboard: if it has a connection with a CMOS jumper (shaped cleat), move this jumper a few moments on the other pins of that connector, then back to its original position. This manipulation has the effect of creating a small short circuit that clears the CMOS. If the motherboard does not have such jumper, you must remove the battery for a few minutes from the motherboard (in the shape of coin). In both cases, it must update settings removed along with the password, including the date and time. For the rest, manipulations may be different microphones. Here is the most general method to guide you. Turn on the PC and press the button on the keyboard that provides access to the Setup. Normally, it is shown briefly when the ignition of the microphone. Once the BIOS screen appears, using the arrow keys, move the cursor on the default settings (called the BIOS Setup Defaults if is English) and confirm your choice by pressing the Enter key. Play Save Changes before exiting the BIOS. But first, you can in the BIOS, enter a new password.

There is a possibility to restrict access to your microphone to any person other than yourself. But this requires changing the BIOS settings of your motherboard to ask for a password to each switch of the PC, even before Windows starts.
    1 - To enter the BIOS, restart the microphone. When the welcome window Bios appears, scroll through this window using the arrow keys and go to the Password option setting, or Change Supervisor password supervisor password (or a name similar) and press Enter.
    2 - Type your password and press Enter. Then confirm the password: Enter it again and press Enter.
    3 - Move up the line or Advanced BIOS Features Setup CMOS setup, and then press Enter.
    4 - Locate and highlight the line options or Password Security check is usually set on the Setup option. Press + until you reach the option System (or Always) and press Esc.
    5 - Save the changes: surF10 press and, when asked if you want to save the changes, type the letter Y. Then press Enter to restart the computer.
    If you forgot your password bios there is no quick fix if you are not using PasswordBios.
    Many BIOS manufacturers have provided secret passwords that can be used to access BIOS in case you lost your password. There are a number of methods that can be used to bypass or reset the password BIOS password.
    - Removing the CMOS battery for at least 10 minutes
    - Reset the CMOS using the jumpers or Solidere Beads
    - Overloading the keyboard buffer