Thread: Intel Pentium 4 845 motherboard not functioning

Intel Pentium 4 845 motherboard not functioning

I am using Intel Pentium 4 personal computer form past months, now I am facing screen freezing issues with it, previously it was working fine. After freezing I tried to reboot my system but it did not respond, then to make it work I have to wait for a time and then again I have to power it on. As far knowledge all this is happening because of the older motherboard and I want to sort it out. If anyone know how can I check my motherboard functioning then let me know.

Re: Intel Pentium 4 845 motherboard not functioning

I think that the freezing issue can be occurs when you are try to access more than one application at a time. But I will advise you to first check your RAM, may be it could be the culprit for this. I think you should remove RAM from the slot and then again insert them or if you are using two RAM then insert them one at a time and then reboot your computer and notice the performance. If then also problem is same then reply back to me.

I was facing the similar kind of issue with my motherboard, the motherboard you are using that is a 845 G chipset family motherboard. It is a chip on the motherboard that states the hardware that specific motherboard can support. I think that to overcome this issue you should upgrade a chipset and for that you have to get new motherboard. After getting new motherboard with the compatible component, you can then run your well.

In my point of view you should not have to replace you motherboard I think that to get good performance you need do advance setting into your BIOS. I think that this kind of the issue occurs because of the underclocked CPU or underclocked RAM, I will advise you that first check multiplier for your CPU or may be RAM is set to the spd, if it is on spd then I think that you will need to set it to manual or you can go with 3-3-3-7. I think that this information may help you.