Thread: Processor produces overheat while running mildly intense

Processor produces overheat while running mildly intense

I am using an AMD athlon X2 processor which is quite old. I have noticed that my processor is producing overheat from past few months whenever I run mildly intense. I am using SpeedFan program to notice the temperature. When I run WinRAR program or even taking screen videos then also my processor produces heats. Then I kept my cabinet open, that helped me to reduce processor heat. So if anyone knows what should be the reason for this? And also tell me that what I should do to keep my processor performing well? Any suggestion will appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Re: Processor produces overheat while running mildly intense

I think that you should check your processor fan, because I think that the because of that you are experiencing overheat and your fan is not helping you to cooling your cabinet. I think that first you should apply thermal compound on your processor with safety precautions, and if possible use non conductive paste so that it will give you extra safety. I think that you should try this out and see the changes and then let me know the changes. I hope this information may help you.

I have searched regarding your query and from that I have come to know is that, when your processor produces overheat all this is because of the unstable system and because of that your PC components could be damage. I think you should do some examination to notice your processor performance, turn on the computer and then keep running it for an hour without running any programs, and even if your processor is producing heat then it means that, you have to change your processor.

I have noticed similar problem with my processor, then after a several attempts to solve this query I was unable to overcome this issue. Then I made contact with assembler to overcome this, and then he reinstalled processor with applying thermal paste on the processor. If you are having some hardware knowledge then you can also do this task or else you should make contact with assembler on this.