Thread: Memory for ASUS Maximus Formula III with i5 750

Memory for ASUS Maximus Formula III with i5 750

Because memory prices tumble just confused and I simply did not track, because I've never been concerned with DDR3. Seeking a 2x 4GB Kit, which is good for overclocking. It must now not be the mega ultra low budget or space, a healthy middle would be desirable. Targeted are 3.6 to 3.8 GHz, maybe some of you have something for me. I am looking out for some suitable cooler. Please give some appropriate suggestions.

Re: Memory for ASUS Maximus Formula III with i5 750

This Game Series Dual Channel kit consists of two 4 GB DDR3-1600 memory modules in DIMM form factor (PC3-12800, CL9). The total capacity is 8 GB. The heat sinks equipped with black-game series offers a perfect mix of performance, stability, durability and low power consumption. Thus, the modules are ideal for online gamers and professional users. G. Skill Dual Channel kit from the ECO series consists of two 4 GB DDR3-1600 memory modules (PC3-12800) in DIMM form factor. The total capacity is 8 GB. The modules with 6-layer PCBs are equipped with black / blue heat sinks and programmed to latencies of 8-8-8-24 at 1600 MHz. The ECO series requires only 1.35 volts, thus the power consumption drops significantly and the modules stay cooler. This means longer life and smoother operation.

Which cooler is the best? This recurring question raised every day, many users, the selection of good CPU coolers it has become almost unmanageable size. Each manufacturer tries with new designs and developments to the top of the charts go to, it is easy with more heatpipes direct touch technology as well as special plates or molds. I'll begin with the new flagship of the Taiwanese forge Thermal cooler, the Venomous X. With known sound processing, a new assembly system and new disk will form to secure the place again at the top. Even the newest offspring of the young producer EKL with the euphonious name of "Matterhorn" found its way for its part, the first Coolers Direct Touch Base of the manufacturer. Have long been an integral part of the scene is even cooler Scythe, which are directly introduced two new models. The Mugen 2 will thereby continue the success of its predecessor, with the Yasya trying to meet new, unusual forms. Not new, but is well known, the NH-U12P by the Austrian company Noctua.

Cooler often develop at different loads only their potential or exceed it. It is therefore advisable to voltage and clock settings to measure using different. Also, the fan often plays an important role. It turns to slow, possibly not give the absorbed heat of the radiator. It turns too quickly (which is rare), it can happen that the air flows easily through the slats, without heat dissipate. The Scythe Slip Stream 1900 offers for just the right speed and air flow margin. At 1900 rpm it already brings the whorl to about 190m³/h transported air volume. The fan will run three different speeds. The temperatures vary accordingly.

The cooler I have a Core i7 950 3.2GHz Socket 1366 used and I must say that it cools great. If I reboot the system, the temperature is a long time at 30°C. After a longer time in the normal Windows operating just at 40°C. So that's were still good overclocking potential there. Very commendable fan is also the volume of: It is not audible and turns on even if something more cooling is required. The only drawback to the radiator is the assembly: a) it has a backplate socket attached to the rear and b) the tightening of the cooler is a bit difficult, as the screws held to be not so easily to pack Plate fall out. I have since found a simple solution:
    1. Backplate with screws to attach the motherboard.
    2. Sturdy cardboard placed on the backplate, so you can turn the motherboard and the screws do not fall out (if one looks directly at the base, then screw you see sticking out).
    3. The board with a table set on, one clear view of the CPU has that.
    4. Scythe Mugen Heatsink touched down on the screws.
    5. Main Board of the board as far as pushing down on, so that a screw is freely accessible (finger hold on the screw so that it does not fall out) and this easily by hand, then tighten.
    6. Then slide the motherboard back again and the same for the other screws, make them all something to grip on the threads of the heatsink and have all been put behind.