Thread: Detection trouble with SATA2 Hard disk on Motherboard 8KDA3I

Detection trouble with SATA2 Hard disk on Motherboard 8KDA3I

Hello friends, I am having the motherboard Epox 8KDA3I and Hard Disk of Samsung HD502iJ. I am having the trouble with my Hard disk on motherboard 8KDA3I. my BIOS system detects on the first boot normally. After when I first reboot the BIOS, it freeze on Hard Disk detect. To solve it I have to try many times for the task Manager or the reset is needed to detect hard disk. I set up the hard disk from the SATA 2 to SATA 1 mode by the Samsung utilities from the site of it. Then updated the last BIOS 21.09.2006 da3i6907.bin. My second HDD Samsung SP2004C, 200 GB, SATA1 detects it always. I then tried to use the same SATA cable and power cord for my new hard disk. I resetted BIOS, then set the hard disk delay, after it changed the SATA slot and cable, disable the IDE channels. But it still have no effects. Hard disk is normal but the problem is with the detection

Re: Detection trouble with SATA2 Hard disk on Motherboard 8KDA3I

I do have the SATA2 detection issue, but I solved it by setting the SATA-1 mode with the help of the Samsung ES_Tool from the samsung.com/global/business/hdd/ web page. I had the tools from it for the SATA-1. After it I set the MAX UDMA Mode 300 to 150. and also not to change the SATA mode. Download the latest tools for it, with the help of tools, it becomes easier to detect the second Hard drive

After lot of searching, I managed to go from the on board controller BIOS 5.0.3.x to 5.4.0.3. it solved the detection problem. Go to the Samsung homepage and download and execute the SATA II -> SATA I and then downgrade the tool. After it download the latest SIL3114 BIOS. If you able to read the read me file, you will watch out that the package contains the three different BIOS versions. If your SIL controller is not there on to the on board then you should make use of the BIOS file named 5403.bin. Then search for the preferred BIOS version. Find out the BIOS editing tool that corresponds to your BIOS manufacture. Make use of the CPU-Z to figure out which brand you are using. After it find out which "PCI option ROM" held the SIL3114 driver space, I found the string "3114" and "1095". It prompted me with answer "Silicon Image". Now I was sure I´d found the correct "PCI option ROM"

Load the preferred BIOS system in MMTool, after loading switched the tab to “Replace”. Locate the right PCI option ROM. Then click on to the browse to locate the file containing the latest SIL3114 BIOS (5403.bin). Replace it by clicking the "replace" option. Now save the "save rom", flash BIOS using that file. Lastly install the mass storage device, after installing it you will now found out the new drive in control panel> admin. Tools> computer management> disk management. But you will not be able to assign a drive letter since the data is lost due to partition. Now by using testdisk, you will be completely restore the drive also you can detect the data easily. best of luck