Thread: RAM slot error :rundl32 defected

RAM slot error :rundl32 defected

Hello friends my motherboard has 2 slots of DDR2 that has 2 GB RAM on the first slot and the other slot is vacant. I have decided that would want to increase the speed of the RAM by 1GB and so I have decided to first check if the other slot is working or not. So for that I removed the RAM from the first slot and inserted it into the second slot and then when I started the system it showed me some error like "rundl32 defected", after restarting the system again and again I got the same error. Finally, I decided to remove the RAM from the second slot and inserted it into the first one and stared my pc so it ran smoothly. So can any help me to know that how can this error of the slot be solved.

Re: RAM slot error :rundl32 defected

Hello dear, I would like to ask you that before inserting the RAM into the second slot have you wipe the slot with some piece of cloth, it can be that there might be some dust particles settled on the surface of the slot as it was vacant for quite some time. Also, if you have cleared the slot and after inserting the RAM again and again it is showing the same error than I guess that the slot is defected and you have to replace your motherboard for just to get the new slot. So if you really want to increase the speed of the RAM so I would reckon that you should directly take a RAM of 3 GB and insert into the slot which is working inorder to avoid wastage of money.

Hey according to my knowledge, the motherboard has some kind of configuration that there has to be a RAM on the first slot whether or not you are having it on the second slot. If you dont have the RAM on the first slot then you will not be able to boot the system and you will get the error message. So its better you have the RAM on the first slot and buy a new one see if it works or not. If it doesnt works then the slot is having some permanent problem. I also had the same problem when I purposely inserted the RAM on the second slot but after finding out in the web about this problem I was able to run both my RAMS without any kind of error. You must try this.

Hey even I am facing the same problem but in a slightly different manner, removed the RAM from the the first slot inorder to check whether my second slot is working or not. But after rebooting the system with the RAM in the second slot I got the error message so thats OK and I removed the RAM from the slot and again inserted in back to its original position. But after inserting the RAM in the first slot and rebooting it again, I got the same error that I was getting when I had inserted the RAM in the second slot, so can one help me to sort out this issue. Its really frustrating that I am unable to start my pc from one week and I have alot of private data in it, so can any one come up with a quick solution.

Hey I guess that you might have damaged either the RAM or the slot while removing the RAM from the slot. So it would be better if you try your RAM on other system motherboard and see what exactly is the problem. If it doesnt works on the other system than it is sure that your RAM has been defected and you will have to buy a new one. If it works on the other system and not on your own system than it is obvious that the slots might have got damaged and you have to replace the motherboard to solve the problem. Also see to it that the pins of the RAM have not got bent while inserting the RAM in the second slot which is causing the problem and you have to replace it with a new one.

Hey even I was facing the problem of the RAM when , I tried checking the other slot. When I inserted the RAM into the second slot there was an unusual noise coming from the CPU. So I removed the RAM from the slot and again inserted it into its original position and found out that the PC was taking a really long time to boot. After about 5-10 minutes when it finally got booted I got the error saying the memory cannot be read and the pc will restart. I brought new RAMs and again tested but unfortunately got the same result. So finally I called up the engineer to rectify the problem and he suggested me that it is the slot problem and needed to be replaced.