Thread: Annoying sound coming from system

Annoying sound coming from system

Hi
    I'm getting annoying “Beep” sound 6 times whenever I’m turning on my system. It is like Beep Beep Beep then a pause fore about ½ sec and again Beep Beep Beep.
    After switching it on I’m getting this sound time to time. I’m getting it frequently when the system is in heavy load. But my PC is working properly.
    I thought it a PSU problem as I was using a very very cheep PSU. But now I replaced it with corsair but still getting the sound.

Any idea what the problem is?

Re: Annoying sound coming from system

Normally the continuous beep sound comes when main memory (RAM) has got some issue into it. But in such cases, your system will not start at all. But you are mentioning that it is working properly. Otherwise you may be at the "entrance" of an alarm situation but is so short lived it accurate itself or falls back under the setting. Check your temperature setting and then if you have it active, your "bios monitoring s/w" what it describe? This should all be elucidated by the manual or if on CD some help guide. Typically, it’s a system monitor pgm. of various sort. If temp "overtemp" alarm, clean out your system case of dirt bunnies, etc. to decrease heat build-up and route any cables & harness for superior air circulation. Next, you have your sound or audio card too close to a noisy RFI source. When the beep sound or similar appears again, try moving the mouse a lot, if this augments the noise (beep), audio setting is too high, reduce.

Re: Annoying sound coming from system

Thanx Flayo. After installing Corsair the frequency of Beep sound has reduced a lot. But the it is still coming at the time of booting I mean as soon as i press the power on button.
    Don't know what the hell is wrong with it
    Last edited by bigblow; 10-11-2010 at 03:05 AM.