Thread: Is Intel core i5 too hot?

Is Intel core i5 too hot?

Today I overclocked my i5 750. Have it now at 3.6 GHz. It is now after about 3 hours in normal operation at 45 degrees. That's great right? But when I run Prime95, all cores go after about 5 min over 90 degrees! I reach full power at play such as Crysis and even that is still acceptable? I am not knowing whether this is proper or something unusual. So thought to post here, since you guys must be having an ideas about it. Please tell me whether my Intel core i5 too hot? If yes, please provide some solutions to make it low or stable. I am expecting quicker responses from your side.

Re: Is Intel core i5 too hot?

It do not change the Vcore. Better turn down. Some Milli-volt be enough. Testing with whether the prime is stable. Always tweak and gradually. 5MHz steps I would suggest. Again and again prime. Temps keep an eye. Not to prefer 3.4 or 3.5 GHz CPU dead ... Well ... exaggerated but need yes or no additional oven? I think either:
    1. You do not have the cooler on it, or right,
    2. You have too much WLP
    3. You leave the Vcore to Auto,
    4. The cooler is not good for OC, and let the temps close to rather poor installation.

we can do better .... well ... a couple of grad-containing, but 90 ° C is way far too much .... when the box gets so hot under load, then not really the cooler is not seated correctly. Have you installed the backplate? If not, since the temp in the ointment .... 100%, I've often heard is true .... without backplate simply not the pressure. Also check back to see if the well is straight, to abbas-twelfths the cooler, and watch the pattern of WLP on the cooler .... the WKP regularly distributed, and only slightly thinner in the middle is all right ... if the side iwo in the impression is missing, modest you know. Sometimes, capacitors are the MOBO in the way, then you have the cooler to possibly turn 90 ° ...

Thank you for your answers!! So I now have the PC now put up the 4th time, video card out, cooling out, new paste and up again: Now I think I've finally hammer out perfect! The problem is that for my 1366 socket only this standard "plug" for the attachment is, and it is incredibly difficult to fix the cooler to some extent. Anyway, now my whole expensive Arctic Silver empty but I think it was worth it! I will grade for 10 min Prime95 the CPU and now it looks much better! The temperatures are now but great is not it? How much do you think I can still overclock? At least the fan is located now .. I would recommend anyone this fan! It is hell to fix it!!

But please let go by 20 rounds LinX is that reliable and makes the CPU a bit hot. WLP should be applied as thin as possible. You should absolutely buy a backplate .... would also be available to the coolers. Then you can adjust the pressure best. Then the temps go down even further. So summarized:
    1. Temps not bad, but 10 min Prime are non-conclusive enough
    2. WLP perhaps applied too thick ... too much is always bad
    3. No backplate, no optimal contact pressure (and I've looked again and am not sure whether it really is for the Scythe)
    4. OC can do, but be careful ... but I would first work through points 1-3, then you can be sure that all is well

Maybe you should also consider hew to the cooler into the bay and you get another .... then it'll be a little better again with OC.