Thread: DG41RQ - Not turning on! help!

DG41RQ - Not turning on! help!

I have been using Intel DG41RQ desktop board on my computer from a long time and never faced any problem. But recently it started showing Me some difficulties in connecting to the internet. I discussed this at many places and I think it occurred because of my motherboard. I took the motherboard to the service center but they didn't found any problem. Still after a long discussion they replaced it. I even purchased a new graphics card yesterday. Today when I tried to connect all the components, I found that system doesn't boot at all. I removed the graphics card and then started the computer and it booted as normal. I checked the video card with another computer and didn't found any abnormalities. So where can the problem lie? Please help!

Re: DG41RQ - Not turning on! help!

I don't have any idea what is the reason behind your motherboard not working but it could be some power supply problem on your system. May be your motherboard is not getting any power. Can you see led lights on the motherboard? I think you must have it green but since you have added another component on your motherboard, the power which it was getting must be not enough and hence the failure.

There are two kind of testing that I would suggest to test why your computer is unable to boot. First remove all of your memory modules. You should get some beep sound. Next replace the memory stick and remove the graphics card. If you don't have onboard video chip then you should have some beeps. Remove the same from the cabinet and do the same testing again. Did you noticed any difference?

This could be an issue related to the BIOS version. Check the bios to see if its not Disabled. For this go to the control panel, Device Manager and see if its installed. You may also download the latest BIOS version by going to this link downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx?lang=eng and providing your motherboard model.

Thanks for that information but I have already tried flashing the BIOS, testing with and without memory and/or video card etc but nothing seems working. I re-contacted Intel service center but they said that the motherboard is absolutely fine. They suggested me to check other components and their compatibility with the board.

I think its because of the graphics card which is not compatible with your current BIOS version or the motherboard itself. Do one thing, first check the Intel website to make sure you can use your graphic card on this motherboard. Also check which BIOS version supports this card. If you have the BIOS information then it is well and good, otherwise you can simply install the latest version of the BIOS and see if this solves your problem.