Thread: System fan speed control on current Intel boards?

System fan speed control on current Intel boards?

I have DG43GT desktop board and I have noticed that the speed of system fans does not change even when there is the load on the system. I have observed that my CPU temperature rises to 75C. I was surprised to see that. There is no set threshold temperature in the BIOS, so how is the fan control supposed to work? In my system I have 2 system fans which are running at 700 rpm, but are evaluated at 1900 rpm at 12 volts. Obviously the fans are slowing down because of the dropping the voltage? Would I need to have fans of cases that have RPM sensing to control the system fan to work properly?

Re: System fan speed control on current Intel boards?

No I do not think that you will need to have the fans of cases that have RPM sensing to control the system fan to work properly. I have seen some issues with this Desktop Board DG43GT, and I have a strong feeling that it will be soon rectified with the Intel’s desk. I have seen that Intel will take care of this situation and will soon come out with a solution. Till then all I can suggest is to be calm till they come up with something useful.

Well I do not know what in the world could be the possible reason for this but I have seen one thing with the system fans of mine. I think that they are spinning lot slowly. I do not know the exact reason and I completely blank about it. My system is working well, but the fans are not spinning that fast as they use to do previously. Can anyone suggest me anything in this respect?

Well in your case Farhan, I do not see any point of worry for you. I am telling this because you can see that there is no problem with the system. The fans spin fast when there is any condition of overheating. When the processor heats up then the CPU fan starts to spin more firmly. You will have no problem with the fan. Please so not worry about the fan speed, it will start to move more firmly when they will start to get warmer.

For you Revati, I think you should ask the tech support about this. They are the best one that can support you in this matter. Also if you want you can try Intel Quiet System Technology (QST). I am of the opinion that your fan must be stalling. The Intel Quiet System Technology (QST) has a feature that will kick start the stalling fan. I hope that this will help you a lot. So now you have 2 options, go with whatever suits you.