Thread: DX58SO keyboard problem after bios update

DX58SO keyboard problem after bios update

Hello,
    I am using as a DX58SO a BIOS update. Then the keyboard does not function need more time Windows (7) was started. In the BIOS it still works in Grub and Debian, and so far it has worked without problems in Windows. It is a wired USB keyboard, the motherboard has no PS / 2 Strangely, the mouse works fine in Windows, it is connected via USB. Signing up is therefore only possible on-screen keyboard. The lights on the keyboard light, but responds to the keyboard on Windows, for example, the Num Lock key. The BIOS settings are the "Optimal Default" settings. Does anyone know the problem and has anyone any idea how to fix this?

Re: DX58SO keyboard problem after bios update

It may be that only the USB mouse keyboard has been disabled in the BIOS, simply re-enable when you exit the bios, save, restart your system. I guess this will help you. In the BIOS menu Advanced / USB Configuration, because USB 2.0 is enabled function, as well as other functions? There is the option "USB port" and "USB Legacy" and both are set to "Enable".

I have read in other forums that it should have helped to change the USB port so that the keyboard then went to the next reboot, although I am also not really innovative solution. Also, I do not think it's up to the keyboard. On Linux, yes it works fine.

Do a CMOS clear / BIOS reset (as in the motherboard manual). Thus, the intermediate memory (CMOS) with the hardware settings on the motherboard, reset to the factory configuration. (Normally all Jumper bridge on the Main board and put back off, or remove the bios battery and again use after a few minutes).

I rather think that the error is to look in the direction of Windows. This may indeed help with the CMOS Flash already, but the error looks really rather look as if Windows does not come with a BIOS setting to cope, like when ACPI enabled (currently SATA2 is still running in IDE mode). Strange is dependent only then that this refers only to the keyboard and not the mouse. The CMOS with flash let me be first, rather I would soon be time to slip on Windows 7 RC1, after an OS reinstall, the error could be fixed. Which is at anyway, because I wanted to enable ACPI. Maybe someone here who's a different suggestion how I can fix the problem.

The initial problems with the LAN I was able to fix by looking into the network settings: the "old" network adapter was no longer there, instead there is a new found what appears to be the old with a different ID. After I assigned the same settings (IP address) of the old one had before we went back. Windows has complained that the IP address is already assigned to another network adapter and that it would cause problems if both were simultaneously active. But since I only have one network adapter I see no problem. Also the DVD drive is recognized not as 100% of Windows, which will also be a similar error.