Thread: DP55SB Motherboard gives E6 error

DP55SB Motherboard gives E6 error

For my desktop I decided to get the new motherboard so I went with the Intel DP55SB motherboard. Well I do not know what the problem with the update of the motherboard is. I have the i5 – 680 processor for the system. It always gives me the E6 Port 80h error code. I do not know how I can tackle this problem. I went and searched all the way on the internet to find the solution for this error but could not find any. Can anyone here suggest me what is to be done so that this error can be kicked off?

Re: DP55SB Motherboard gives E6 error

Well Rupashri, I think that you must have missed on the updates of the BIOS. I would suggest you to get the update of the BIOS done to the minimum version. Please see that the BIOS of your system are updated because if the BIOS are not updated then you are bound to get these sorts of errors. Get the updates done and please while dealing with the BIOS please be careful, as if something wrong happens then it will take long time to tackle with.

The error i.e. E6 that you all are talking about is the related to the connecting drivers. Actually at the time of the Power-On Self Test (POST), the BIOS produces diagnostic progress codes which are also called as the POST codes and which are send to I/O port 80h. If at all the POST fails, then at the very moment the execution halts and the last POST code produced is placed at port 80h. Please update the BIOS and I am sure that you will get the way out for this.

Well thanks for the replies but I just want to say that I have already tried the updates of the BIOS and I was well aware of this thing. Yet it cannot help me out. I have tried updating the BIOS to the minimum version that was asked. In my case the version was 5531 and after updating it still presents me with an E6 Port 80h error code. Any further things that you can suggest me to do? I am waiting for the replies to come. Thanks in advanced.

I am of the opinion that if you have the proper BIOS update then you should not get E6 error at all. Well if you are not able to get the things yet I would suggest you to follow the diagnosis steps that are given below:
    • First of all restart the system into BIOS and you can do that by pressing the F2 key.
    • When you will be in the BIOS setup utility there you will have to press the F9 key so that the BIOS can be restored to the default setting.
    • In the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section go and clear the entire DMI event logs
    • Then press the F10 key to save the new settings and restart the system.

I hope that these troubleshooting steps will really help you.

If however you are finding it difficult to enter the BIOS by pressing the F2 key then you will have to clear the CMOS. To clear the CMOS you will have to follow the following steps:
    • At the very first step turn off all the peripheral devices that are connected to the computer.
    • Then from the AC power source disconnect the computer’s power cord.
    • Then open up the CPU case and then locate the battery on the mother board.
    • After that with the flat-bladed screwdriver remove the battery wait for one hour and then replace the battery.

Thanks a lot Chandranath and CACTUS101 for the suggestions. I had suggested the same things to one of my friend but he told that he cannot get the things work in his way. He was very unhappy with this, he asked me to help him but I could not, then one day he came up to me and said that he however could not make the things work on the same processor so he borrowed the i5-760 and now the thing are working well on it. I think you can also try something like that.