Thread: Switching from Core 2 Duo to Core 2 Quad appropriate?

Switching from Core 2 Duo to Core 2 Quad appropriate?

I have still 775 will also remain in the near future. However, I'm still in there always NEN C2D E6600, but clocked at 3.2GHz, but draws more power safely, but as a new C2Q and besides, I do not feel like that to me sometime the Mobo, because I set the FSB to 355 MHz had to share, my Mobo has only the 333 MHz specification. I should have long been wondering about if I upgrade to the C2Q9550. Costs for like 200 €. Has anyone any idea how long is still produced for Socket 775? Do you think the C2Q again fall in the price? Actually I would not need to necessarily Quad Core. Been playing not so much doing and no video, so a quad core would be urgently needed. If, however, because doing nothing in the price or more specifically the Q9550 will be taken soon awesome range, I would still prefer to change. Then, for the future in any case made provisions. What do you think?

Re: Switching from Core 2 Duo to Core 2 Quad appropriate?

My clear opinion if you want to bet on Intel. No, wait and buy yourself NEN i5 system. Is the best thing get for Price / Performance. But then you need new board, MB, and memory can still wait until prices fall. Again, to invest in 775, I would, if not absolutely necessary, not more. And NEN i5 is faster than any Athlon, on average.

1. No one needs 3 SATA-date, since even the fastest SSDs are not slowed down by SATA 2nd No SSD uses SATA 3 from the right. HDDs certainly not. HDDs run within the specs even SATA 1. 3 SATA HDDs
    2. USB 3 is a good idea but only if it is in the chipset inside. The current built-in controller from NEC is bad and has too many errors. Only when Intel and AMD 2011 USB 3 integrated in the chipset, you can strike.

Currently all at very buggy.

I would also make a C ² Q6600 (G0 Stepping) highly recommend. I have always run without problems on Oced ~ 3.2 GHz. This is certainly the cheapest option. Otherwise, I advise you from the ground up "new system".
    775:
    C ² delivers Q6600 4x2, 4GHz to ~ 170 €
    C ² Q9550 4x 2.8 GHz to deliver ~ 200 €
    AM3:
    AMD Phenom X4 965 delivers 4x3, 4 GHz to ~ 160 €
    To save energy, make better time from the TV if you do not look into it. And let the car does not warm up in the state. Warmer wear and less heat is also on the edge - etc.

170 Euro for NEN Q6600? Far too expensive. For 170 € you'll get even NEN Q9xxx which is faster. Q6600 Quad Core was the best for 775, no question, had the run and even had themselves at 3.4 Ghz on had. But now is the out. If only I would get even Q9xxx, because 45nm. Q8xxx I would ignore, partly as a faster NEN Q66/67 Q82/83.

Hmm would definitely an i5 and n 1165er base still future proof. Then I'd need but also NEN new memory and I'll be at 400 €. So much can I spend at the moment but do not and will not attract me. For me is my hobby computer is not important enough. Just stupid situation, if you have old parts to upgrade, and would.. Well, one probably. I take the Q9550 but ... Then I could in fact have the graphics card upgrade in the near future and good. The least you can use in the future. Although ... then I could also buy the same new Graphic card and wait until the new boards and the i-series from Intel is still cheaper ... Sun Quad Core was supposed to reach for a while.

Have recently C2D E6400 by 3,2 Ghz on C2Q Q6600 changing seats. The Q6600 is currently running at 3.4 GHz, the 3.6 Ghz do go too well, but must be present (not just in terms of higher Vcore). Did the CPU 100 EUR including shipping paid (used), but was associated with screens for overclocking. Cannot understand it, now when someone with so as to a system as currently on my new Mobo upgrade your i5 + + new RAM. Unless you're really fond of the theme of ultra-PC and must always have the latest news. Since I prefer to drive in the summer a weeklong vacation.

Otherwise, please consider the whole thing well: the more power the 775er Quad CPU will not be as overwhelming as though support most programs / games now completely dual core, quad-core at this, however, is not always the case. Therefore, only the core really worth it i 5.7 processors, as they have different architecture (eg, integrated memory controller) and thus are highly performant. Core Quad 775 slot, however, is merely a cloned dual core on a die and may your E6600 to overtake only at optimized applications that consume more energy and is hot, is used in many applications of the pass at 3.2 GHz overclocked E6600 even to him do not understand it wrong a Q6600/Q6700 are not a bad or Q9550 CPUs, but the added value compared to your current CPU is not so high that it is worth so much money to spend, an i7 860 just is 20-30 EUR more expensive than the Q9550, the i5 750 is cheaper almost 50 EUR (Prices Alternate).