Thread: Motherboard identification in DELL Dimension 3000

Motherboard identification in DELL Dimension 3000

There is a problem my Dell Dimension 3000. When I start up or restarts my laptop it stops/hangs in different places during booting process. The screen is also not responding sometimes. It starts up normally but takes a long time. I think it is problem of motherboard. I tried with other motherboards but no result. I will appreciate any help that anyone can offer me...

Re: Motherboard identification in DELL Dimension 3000

There is two cooling fan which is attached in the back side of the Dell Dimension 3000 laptop. The back side is covered in grill covered with very this piece of paper. The paper is sometimes replaced from their original place and for that the board will be heated and the processor will work rough till the heat calm down. With a glue dousing the plastic tab. It may fix your problem. Try this.

The motherboard is customized by the Dell on OEM board. Not equivalent with other slandered motherboards. The motherboards are connected with some custom and undocumented front panel connector. Dell supplied a BIOS setup CD with its product. If your CPU still stink in heat then I would like to suggest you to replace you CPU heat sink compound.

I read all the posts, and would like to share some thing about this. The “A 4600” motherboard will works well instead of Dimension 3000. “A 4600” having two SATA ports and one AGP slots onboard. Same chips are shared by both the boards, that is why there is no problem in driver. If you still facing the same problem then I will recommend you to update the Motherboard with the driver CD which is provided with your laptop.
    Last edited by Hitman22; 29-09-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Dell typically uses some connectors in the laptops, these are used in the front panel and the motherboard. So it is unlike to identify the motherboard between them. The front connectors are available in the market, unless you able to trace the circuit of the motherboard. This is better for you to off/replace the Dimension 3000 motherboard.

The AGP and SATA are most identical based on the same chip. The Dell Dimension 3000 contains three memory slots instead of four(the IO shield is different ). The manual settings of some few front panel connectors, having two 2X5 sockets, that one is for the LED screen and the other one is for the IO. The machine is share the same port and the IO shield at the same time.