Thread: A Solution to Downgrade BIOS - FINALLY

A Solution to Downgrade BIOS - FINALLY

I am using the older laptop of my uncle so one day I thought of upgrading it with the new bios as I was not satisfied with the performance of the laptop. So I just upgraded the version of my bios and after that I was stuck with my motherboard performance so I decided to use the previous version of bios but now not able to downgrade my bios. So, I need a proper solution to get solve with the problem to downgrade the bios.

Re: A Solution to Downgrade BIOS - FINALLY

I am having the HP drive key which is a boot utility to make my USB drive bootable. You have to extract the AFUDOS file to the bootable USB drive. It is ame like using the EZFlash in another way by which you can actually downgrade your BIOS to any version of BIOS. But make sure that you get the engineering edition of AFUDOS will only able to do this work.

The upgrading and downgrading of the BIOS is not the safe step towards the motherboard as it can also motherboard which may also get loss your data. So before downgrading the Bios just make it sure you have recover all your drivers in your system. You can also try to re-install the bios driver from the motherboard CD which is provided to you from the company. It always work for your bios when you have upgraded it wrongly and wants to downgrade it back.

I was having the same problem but in my HP desktop top computer so I easy downgraded my bios using the ezflash at the initial boot up time by pressing the Alt and F2 button together and then I introduced the AFUDOS through the HP usb drive which provide the system format utility which also helped me out with the updating of the bios after downgrading the bios.

Its sounds like you have given an attempt to flash your BIOS with the same version which is previously on your BIOS chip and for this you have to open your DOS and then use the phlash 16/x/n/s/mode= 3 olderbios.rom and by this your BIOS will be flashed to its pervious version and its work most of the time. So just give a try it might solve out your problem.

I am having the A8N SLI premium motherboard on which I upgraded it with the windows vista ultimate then I upgraded my bios from 1009 to latest beta 1302 but it was a mistake so I just went to get it downgrade its version so I just uninstall the version 6 then there is the option to flash the bios to it previous version so I just followed this option and it worked and then I was able to get solve from the problem.

If you want to downgrade your bios then you need download the EZFlash on your computer. You can also make the bootable CD using the Nero Burning ROM and flash your bios by using the awdflash.exe. Once you have downloaded the bios for your version of computer then make the bootable CD and also have the awdflash.exe on it. Then just boot it from the CD and on the DOS screen just type the awdflash and get done with the flash of your bios.