Thread: Bad BIOS Flash and Dead Board Testing

Bad BIOS Flash and Dead Board Testing

I have a computer which I was using from the past 2 years but now I am not able to use is as motherboard of my CPU is in the dead state. The motherboard is dead as it is not having this problem due to the bad Bios flash. Now I could not see any beep sound, nor bios screen only the CPU fan is moving. So now I want to know what are the solution to get my windows work again and give me the previous performance back.

Re: Bad BIOS Flash and Dead Board Testing

If you are facing with the problem of bad BIOS flash then I will suggest you to get the reprogramming done on your BIOS Flash. You have to update the BIOS with the latest version which is compatible with your motherboard and make sure that your computer should not get restart or shut down during the updating the bios and then install it properly on your computer and then restart your system then you will find a positive result.

As it is well known that the weak or dead Bios flash can damage you motherboard or make it dead which will stop in the working of the motherboard. You can not check the CMOS battery using the multimeter since the weak battery will give some voltage so it will not provide with the correctness done on it. It is better to get upgrade it with the new battery and update it with the latest version of BIOS.

It is the CMOS which hold the detail regarding the hardware and the BIOS stores the variety of setting and values which are used to be appled on the hardware and also on the motherboard settings. After flashing the BIOS you have to clear the CMOS and at that time follow the new build before the power is applied and also note any of the hardware change or upgrade done on it.

If your motherboard is old enough or its not working properly then the only step you can take to recover your motherboard then you have to get the re-flash your BIOS ROM and this can be done using the ROM Burner or programmer which is store in some computer or you can also bring it also by your own. You have to re-flash the BIOS carefully.

If you are trying to replace your bad bios the you should save its setting as you will try to remove the previous battery from the motherboard the data stored in the CMOS is vanished so you should ensure that to write down the setting properly. And if your battery is weak then some of the data is almost got spoiled. You have to turn on the computer and keep on pressing the Delete, F2 or ESC button, any one of these to get in the setup of bios utility.

If you are replacing your bad bios with the new one and got in the setup of the bios then you have to navigate the menu with the help of keyboard as the mouse doesn’t work over this setup. You have to go through all setup and note down its configuration and you can also try to save by print screen to copy the configuration of the screen. If you are still not able to find the proper way to set the bios then just refer your motherboard manual properly.