Thread: Better gaming laptop? i5 vs i7

Better gaming laptop? i5 vs i7

Friends, I am looking for an average to high end laptop for gaming. After a long search I have decided to go for a Dell computer and there is only one simple fact behind it and that is they are doing well with shipping to APO. I am here to ask you that do I implement the core i5 or quad core i7? I am not sure that I am going to play which game but I want to make the system ready for the future because I may wish to play hard games later. Please post your suggestions. Thank you.

Re: Better gaming laptop? i5 vs i7

I think that i5 will be the better option for you. Processor i5 is the dual core in addition to that currently they run a number of games somewhat better than the i7's though when games hit quad core hold the i7's will control. You can go through M15x which has ATI 5850 GPU. This will be cheaper than the Nvidia 260M. It can be easily overclocked because it has DDR5.

I think i7 will be better for you. I5 is also a good processor because it has higher frequency but i7 has advantage over i5. As you know that i7 has two more cores which makes the processing very fast. Apart from this it also has the hyperthreading feature which makes it to process two threads at the same time with a single core. This feature of i7 make, it to work as it has 8 core CPU. If we see to if then we will find that it does not has this feature and it can process only one thread at a time with a single core.

One disadvantage of i7 is that it has the slower clock speed but it can overcome this problem because it has the turbo boost technology. By this feature it can make two cores disable and it raise other two cores to 2.4Ghz. Now a days many new games uses the four core and if we disable two cores from i7, it will improve the performance of the game because it increase the speed of other two cores.

I would like to tell you that only having the faster CPU will not improve the game performance. Most of the games need your computer to have graphic card buit. Graphics card is the most important factor to improve computer performance for the games. So my suggestion to you is to go for i5 processor and have a good graphic card and I am sure it will be able to play almost all the games.

i7 will the best processor for you if you want to play the games. It has a unwarranted amount of paralleling because it has a Cell-core setup. Processor i5 has single core processing which is a little stronger but from last three years, most of the coming games need multi-core processing. So I think i7 would be a stronger option for you if you want it for gaming purpose.

You should go for i5 if you do you do a lot of computing on the move. i7 gives you a very high performance and it have very high demand but if you are using your computer as a actual laptop rather than a mobile desktop. Therefore I think that i5 will be the better investment for you. This is just a suggestion and it is up to you that what you have to do.

You should buy the i7. You may have to pay a few hundred dollars more for that but it will be there with you in future when it will be necessary for all. Processor i5 is also sufficient but it depends on the type of games that you wish to play. And I don’t think that you are paying the extra money for that because it is providing the extra features for that money.