Thread: Intel Core i7 860 Idle at 45 Degrees C?

Intel Core i7 860 Idle at 45 Degrees C?

I am having the system running with the Intel Core i7 860 and now i have a problem with it. I looked into the BIOS and come to know that it is running with the 45 Degree while in the idle stage when i use the GIMPS at that time the temperature reached to the 90 Degree. I am worried about my system performance. If any one this issue then please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Intel Core i7 860 Idle at 45 Degrees C?

As per my knowledge the idle stage temperature is not problematic with the system but as you are getting the high temperature during the load which is critical. It should be below 80 degree. I will advise you not to use the program which is causing the temperature hike. And keep your system out of unused application.

I will advise you to check for the process tab in the task manager and check which process is eating up the maximum memory of the system. Just kill the process and search for the process on the Google and find that the process is important for the system or not. So try this out and see whether it is working for you or not.

If you are processor is heating up badly then i will advise you to use the Thermal paste on the system of yours which will resolve the issue related to the heating issue. I have gone through the same and let me tell you that after applying the thermal paste on the Processor my heating issue got resolve. So if you can then do the same to work with it.

Check whether Fan is tightened on the system of yours properly or not. I think it could be possible that the Fan is not properly fitted on the CPU and that is why not functioning properly. I will advise you to check for the same and tight the connection if found loose. As per my knowledge this will resolve the issue of heating.

If the heating issue of the system is not yet resolved and the system is still showing the maximum temperature then i will advise you to use the CPU Cooler which are used to cool he CPU temperature. I am using one for my system. You can get the most of the CPU cooler in the market. I am giving you link of some of the Cooler which you can use with the CPU.

ZALMAN 9500A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
    Scythe Yasya CPU Cooler
    Corsair H50 Liquid CPU Cooler

If you are having heating issue with the CPU then it could be possible that your system got infected by the virus and eating up the maximum CPU usage. In this case i will advise you to install a Antivirus program into the system and update the same with the latest virus database definition and run the full system scan. I have gone through the same.