Thread: Help me get back to AMD: Phenom x6

Help me get back to AMD: Phenom x6

I put an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T clocked at 3.3 GHz on a MSI 785GM -E51 and 4GB of DDR3 RAM . My card is recognizable , it displays the correct frequency etc. But my Windows 7 not at all : it shows: And it's actually going to 960 MHz as in the device manager , he sees the 6 hearts but "AMD Processor model unknown "and shows 4.4 in processor performance index. And how to capture it is overclocked , otherwise it displays about 860 MHz. Please help.

Re: Help me get back to AMD: Phenom x6

The Phenom II X6 experienced some success on the market , particularly because of their price much more decent than the only solution IntelThe Core i7 - 980X ( 185 and 290 euros 950 euros in cons Compare our prices) . This success has also benefited from sales of motherboards equipped with socket AM3 and AMD 800 chipset . A few weeks ago , the Texas company was also struggling to provide these chipsets to motherboard manufacturers . This situation was resolved for the simple reason that today , it is the Phenom II X6 which are available in limited quantities . If we do not yet speak of a shortage , it is rather worrying for AMD.

The time (after the ATI Radeon HD 5000 and the chipset so) that the Texan firm underestimates the success of these products and this has negative consequences for consumers. This situation also affects the domino effect processors Quad- coreAnd it would also be the main reason for the postponement of the Phenom X4 960T II . AMD SB810 southbridge also rejected her , a light version of SB850 . Currently, production of the processors of the Texas firm is entrusted to GlobalFoundries , while the chipset ( and GPUs ) are produced by TSMC.

I just tested the new X6 1090T phenom on a ASUS M4A79 deluxe with bios 3204 which supposedly support this X6 ( big lie on the part of ASUS) is running OK ! bios settings but none is recognized by Windows or CPU - Z by cons on a MSI DKA790GX 7550C bios with his works much better recognition of Procedure by CPU - Zeverest and seven, I think that he must either wait for new bios has passed a 890FX chipset which squeezed more appropriate.

Let's talk about performance AMD performance. Indeed , as expected , the new AMD processors are beaten by the top models of its competitor Intel. So the 1090T does, nonetheless , to par with a Core i7 920 . Good results may be, but not enough to regain the crown performance while AMD has already demonstrated in the past he was able to defeat the ogre Intel .
    A lack of ambition in terms of architecture , each containing heart , with very few modifications , the architecture of Athlon 64/X2
    - A size too large in transistor chip (4 cores on a single chip when Intel was content to do it twice two chip solution, cheaper and with better performance)
    - a process of manufacturing 65-nanometer failure who has prevented mounting frequency.

The Phenom II X6 is still engraved in 45 nm GlobalFoundries and still has 6 MB L3 cache (as in X4 ) . The only change is in the number of cores which increases from 4 to 6 and adding Turbocor function automatically overclock three cores of 6 or less when 3 cores are required. The amount of L1 cache and L2 which accompanies each core does not change his side.