Thread: Dell Vostro 1500 Processor upgrade

Dell Vostro 1500 Processor upgrade

I have a Dell Vostro 1500 with 1.66 GHz and having RAM with 512 mb and I want to upgrade my cpu processor to 2.4 GHz . I am having no idea about the processor adding to the motherboard. And I am douthful about the processor opening from it socket .So need to know how I could get to the new processor and will it support my system motherboard .Will it would be helpful for me to go to the service provider.

Re: Dell Vostro 1500 Processor upgrade

If you are looking for the upgrading your processor the first you should look for the motherboard is compatible with your new processor or not . You must also check that the application which you are going to use on your computer need to be kept in your mind while upgrading your processor. You can check out this information from the user manual provided by the manufacturer company.

you can go to your service provider to upgrade your processor as it is the safest way to upgrade your processor as they know what are the necessary requirement for your motherboard but as it will be costly for you.And you can also get help by getting the information from your motherboard manual and then applying those to your CPU and fix it in the proper manner.

If you want to replace your laptop processor then you have to take the big risk of opening its small component which is very risky to do. The first step is that need to take the backup and then remove the AC plug and batteries of your laptop. Then slightly remove the speaker and the power button then remove the keyboard near it and on the above of the f6 button slowly remove it and then replace it with the new processor on it and fix it properly.

My friend has a 512 mb RAM which is having the addition feature of the Turbocache. He is getting to play at the fine speed and the quality of the playing game is also quite good. But still he is looking for the up gradation of his process which he assume that it will improve his CPU performance while playing game. I want to know that replacing the old processor with some other processor is going to improve his performance of his computer or not.

It is not and easy job to change the processor of the laptop as it is easy in desktop.Well but some of the laptop and handy computer company has the access to the upgrading of the laptop. But as you want to increase your laptop speed you have to also increase the money for the worth for the upgrading your laptop. You can upgrade your laptop by giving it to the authorize restore shop or to the manufacturer company of the laptop.

If you are looking for the processor change then you should check that the processor you are upgrading is matching your laptop or not. You have to see that which processor will suit your laptop motherboard like Intel or AMD processor. If you put the wrong processor then it can also spoil your laptop performance. That is why take the proper detail about your laptop from the official website of the manufacturer company with the same model.