Thread: Gigabyte motherboard freezes the system

Gigabyte motherboard freezes the system

For about two months, I have the problem that all of 1-2 weeks, my system freezes completely. There is only one press on the reset button. The computer I have not yet re-attached (I know this is the first thing you do), I sure would not buy a new disk to back up my data. My system disk (Spinpoint F1 1TB spits) on a system reboot in the POST always a SMART error, HD Tune and Co report but nothing special. They also strange clacking sound when you shut down. I am sure that my motherboard is causing some issues. I am having the Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P motherboard, I doubt that the problem is residing there. I don't want to change it, but so something so that I can use the same one. The following are some configuration :
    • AMD Phenom X4 II 955 BE
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 (216)
    • 4GB DDR3 @ 1333 7-7-7-20
    I think that I have explained you enough. Please help to sort out my problem.

Re: Gigabyte motherboard freezes the system

Burn the ISO as ISO leads to such issues and let the computer from booting. The HDD is checked. Are there errors? You use almost similar to the same system as I do with an AMD 770 chipset and GIGABYTE BOARD. Problem there is with almost all GIGABYTE BOARDS combined with AHCI / SATA, especially with SMART!! I think that you should go for another motherboard, if the problem persists very frequently.

The Gigabyte bios of your board should be brought up to date. The latest case brings me Gigabyte bios currently a new ROM bios with AHCI and is absolutely recommended. If your BOARD, it might be similar. First of all, you ought to clarify what REVISION your board with you? There Revision 1.0 and 1.1. For revision 1.0 is also similar to mine, a recent BETA BIOS available (BIOS version F6A from 12/25/2009). The same BIOS but there are also for your board revision 1.1.

Remember after flashing, all the settings in the bios must be matched newly again all as to AHCI SATA ports, etc. You can just flash your BIOS on the BIOS. You should never take 3 BIOS files are unpacked on a USB stick ... Furthermore, should all be set to AHCI SATA ports and the AMD SATA / AHCI drivers integrated into the system. Click on the Catalyst side on "Motherboard / Integrated Video Drivers", then individual drivers (motherboard / chipset) and your operating system. There you can watch now download and install the south bridge driver and the AHCI driver. Remember that this driver with the AHCI BIOS ROM interacts.

Thanks for your answers. The BIOS should be renewed at the moment is version F4 above. I've already made while flashing, but never thought that this has something to do with it. The revision of my board with you is like 1.0. The SATA and chipset drivers I have until now always fetched from Gigabyte and also the installed to date. Got the download now and install directly from AMD but unfortunately it has not solved the problem. My PC froze again just one completely. In my earlier linked thread I have already tried the ES-Tool and have found no errors. It is also extremely cumbersome to run the ES-Tool or HUTIL as either a floppy drive (I have not), or an IDE CD-Rom drive required (I did not). If anyone still has an idea, please post here.

I just see that you have the RAM Spanning aud 1.69 V. Attempts by 1.5 -1.6. The OCZ bars are as always very sensitive (my opinion and experience) and if the record already clacking sound ....... do not know if I had not exchanged a long time ago. I do not know now how it goes with Samsung HDD's with the warranty. In WD or Seagate, it is quite straightforward to change the things. The RAM settings ...... It is not always what's on the bars is or it is not always 100% say what the motherboard settings. To AUTO is often the worst alternative. I would do start with 1.5 times and then see what happens. Are indeed a bit tricky. I myself would never buy me again OCZ or Corsair. Others swear by them. If, however, probably depends, on which board they are installed.

The RAM bars are really loud miser various shops to 1.8 volts and interpreted. The OCZ product page says 1.7 volts. With 1.5 volts (default setting in the mainboard) I brought not to run them, but I can do it another try with 1.6 volts. Do you believe that the hard drive is a warranty? While you clacking sound part, but according to Samsung Tools (ES-Tool, HUTIL) there are no problems and the SMART-value according to various tools still in order. Only a system reboot shows me the POST to an error.