Thread: X58A-UD3R Disappearing RAM Issue (4 of 6 GB detected)

X58A-UD3R Disappearing RAM Issue (4 of 6 GB detected)

I am having the disappearing RAM issue with my system. I have 6GB of RAM installed but in the performance manager only 4GB are used. After adjusting the RAM back in the slot and rebooted the system the issue was off for a day, but on the next day the problem came flying. I have X58A-UD3R Rev 1.0, Windows 7 as the operating system and core i7 as the processor. Please help. Thanks.

Re: X58A-UD3R Disappearing RAM Issue (4 of 6 GB detected)

Yes, I have come across this issue many times, this issue seems to be spread out across several platforms. It has been seen on both the boards viz. AMD an Intel boards. From the description that you gave it seems that you have a untrusted RAM slot. Are you always making adjustments in the same slot? If you are not getting it then try one module at a time and try different sockets as far as possible to eliminate this possibility.

I usually make the adjustment of RAM once in a day. Well I have no idea about the RAM slot, if it is generally the same one that I need to adjust. I will let you know soon tomorrow. Is there any way to check if which slot of the RAM is not working. This could be good possible way and I could give you a better and detailed report regarding this. If the fault is in the slot then what is to be done?

See, The $ Vance , till now it is only a random guess from my side. First please do what has been said, and after that if yet the problem persists then I will also look into this matter deeper. It is possible that after the board change you would be back at square one. In order to look at the memory you can use CPU-Z. Download version is available. Try it.