Thread: Problems booting up with Asus P4P800SE

Problems booting up with Asus P4P800SE

Recently I have purchased the Asus P4P800SE and the other related thing for assembling my new computer system. I have installed windows XP and it was working fine two days but after that it started giving me problem related to booting. In short I am facing booting problem with this Asus P4P800SE. The only message I am getting the message that reboot and choose the proper boot device. I do not know what is causing the problem but need the solution for this problem.

Re: Problems booting up with Asus P4P800SE

I think you are facing the problem with the boot sequence, for solving this problem you just need to check the boot sequence of your system. Restart your computer system and then go to the advance bios setup and check the booting sequence of your system. Set the first boot device as CD ROM and the second Boot device as the HDD. Press F10 for saving the changes that you have done and then restart your computer system this time you will get option for starting the system from CD ROM or from HDD.

I think that I am also facing similar problem, my HDD S-ATA internal which contains my system Windows XP Pro) is increasingly recognized today since my motherboard is an Asus P4P800 SE home. Gold that was months I used it without problem however, after detection of the big problems with this disc when I started, but this is my first S-ATA hard drive and from what I understand, this range of motherboard recognizes badly. I do not understand is what could cause between this morning and tonight, the disc is no longer recognized.

According to me you should know that XP (Pro or Familial) natively does NOT recognize the SATA HDD, with the installation of the operating system, install the SATA drivers Motherboard (included with the CD of the motherboard) in general with a floppy disk, you tried a CMOS clear. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.

No I have not tried to clear CMOS , I do not feel quite in hardware in an attempt to manip style and I am not too confident (I never even tried to flash the BIOS for my motherboard I have. I would do - a little assisted by the advice of a friend for my old-but I would not retry the move on the one I currently. Especially since (and I respond well to your other comments) I used this for several months S-ATA hard drive in my ASUS cohabitation with no problem I had a lot in the beginning, but because in fact I tried to install a ghost of Windows XP Pro, ghost made on an IDE disk, to the S-ata.

There were two cuts on my neighborhood EDF ups this week. Is it could impact the BIOS of the motherboard, creating a problem, and in this case, perhaps he should I Set again something? I know nothing. It is not impossible, for it is c that a clear CMOS will put a zero BIOS settings of your motherboard.

Forget all this comes to your motherboard, for after what you write I think your hard drive is simply dead. A very well P4p800se recognize a SATA disk, even with the default bios, I was 3 and had never had a problem detection, just need to put the hard drive satta1 ( jumper) The best would be to connect the hard disk on another computer to confirm this hypothesis