Thread: cpu beeped three times

question cpu beeped three times

i was surfing the internet normally when my cpu beeped three times and it closed down....i knew it was a problem of ram so i removed the ram cleaned it and put it back in its slot ..and the pc started ..the next day i started the pc and was surfing on net and i went to my computer to see my j,k,l,m drive missing .( i have 2 hard disk one of 160gb and one of 1tb)and the pc hanged .after that i restarted the pc and the windows xp boot screen came and after that a black screen came and it hanged there...this evening i opened the cpu tightened the wires of the hard disk and started my pc...the windows xp bootscreen kept on loading for a longer time than it usually does and the pc started..what could be the cause of all this activities...?????

Re: cpu beeped three times

All this indicates either your PSU is dieing or your hardware is having compatibility problem. So its better to change your psu temporarily and see if that helps. If it isn't then try removing all of the extra components other than which are must for computer to boot. That means remove everything from your computer except cpu, motherboard, single hard disk (160 GB preferred), graphic card (if you can avoid it than its better), single RAM stick. If it boots as normal and doesn't give you any problem then try inserting the other components one by one and booting computer after that each time. This will rectify what is creating the problem.