Thread: No POST/boot after normal shutdown (Gigabyte P35-DS3L, NVIDIA GeForce 7200/7300)

No POST/boot after normal shutdown (Gigabyte P35-DS3L, NVIDIA GeForce 7200/7300)

My computer specs involves Gigabyte P35-DS3L and NVIDIA GeForce 7200/7300. When I try to shut my computer, it turns off as normal but the next time when I try to start the computer, it won't boot. I can see the LED light glowing, hard disk and fans spinning but cannot have Windows booting or see the screen. I first thought of monitor problem but then I later came to know that monitor is not getting any signal from my computer and so it goes to sleep mode. There is no post at all. Tried restarting computer a number of times but it didn't solved the problem. I hope someone over here will help me and look into the matter soon!

Re: No POST/boot after normal shutdown (Gigabyte P35-DS3L, NVIDIA GeForce 7200/7300)

This may occur if your CMOS battery is either dieing or it is already dead. So it is unable to give the required power to the motherboard to boot Windows. Try to replace your CMOS battery with a new one and see if this works. What about your PSU? Also look if that isn't PSU that is causing this problem to you.

Re: No POST/boot after normal shutdown (Gigabyte P35-DS3L, NVIDIA GeForce 7200/7300)

Who has built your computer? Did you built it on your own or it was done by some computer engineer? Did you made any hardware changes on your computer recently? Make sure the power SW connector is connected to the header pins on the motherboard. If your computer is too old then try to download the latest compatible driver to make sure this isn't causing any problem.

Have you done any kind of overclocking to your RAM or CPU? The overclocking certainly affects your computer a lot of time. Go into the BIOS and see if everything is to its defaults. If it isn't then perform the relevant steps to get it to the defaults. I have seen many people had a various kind of problems due to unstable overclocking. If it is not the case then try to upgrade your BIOS firmware because it may be due to you are having an older motherboard with older BIOS.

I think first of all you have to check your power supply, if its enough to power up your computer. If it is then make sure your computer remains cool from inside. It has been seen that due to heating, your computer won't start to be on the safer side. This is how system is designed to avoid losses. Add some cooling unit like fans or water cooler inside the case to keep computer cool. Also make sure the CPU fans are running at the optimal level.