Thread: Core i7 860 New Revision

Core i7 860 New Revision

I need some overview of Intel Core i7 860 processor. There are some more revision available for the same model. But I found this on my new desktop system which I am going to buy soon. My requirement is video editing and gaming. So for that at least I had asked for 4GB DDR3 ram support and a 1GB any model GPU. I does need a HDMI GPU for media center. Thanks.

Re: Core i7 860 New Revision

The CPU is considered best for Intel Core i7 860 is best for gamer due to a price and performance ratio is quite interesting. Very recently announced, the Intel Core i7 860 codenamed Lynnfield has several advantages compared to its predecessors always engraved in 45nm, it also incorporates the Hyper Threading and, most importantly, an improved version of Turbo .

There is some new in Core i7. It automatically increases the CPU frequency according to his office and within the TDP. Thus, in this case, if an application uses only one of physical cores, the Core i7 860 will run up to 3.46 GHz while remaining within the 95 watts of consumption. You can read some test for the same on online. The processor is considered to provide excellent performance, especially compared with more expensive models.

There are several models in the same range available. It is a new revision of high-end CPU, the Core i7. There are two new CPU arrived which are Core i7 950 and Core i7 975 EE and both are lost the Core i7 940 and Core i7 965 EE. Although rumors have circulated around this revision D0 which holds promise for overclocking. The Core i7 965 Extreme is already by far the fastest chip market.

Intel renews its offer mid-range of micro-processors with the launch of its Core i5 and Core i7. And as these newcomers also employ a new Socket which gives out it a much stronger support. It works on P55 chipset. The new Nehalem micro-architecture gives you a much better performance in comparison to the mid range cpu and that too in a little higher cost. Usually most of the laptops and desktop today and coming out with this cpu.

I have this processor for just over three months and it is simply nice. This is best for calculation and works well in games or 3D. The processor gives you good computing power and that is the thing which is mostly needed. I had noticed I got a 20% hiked in my games and the temperature of the same remains stable on 30 degree in idle and 40 degree on full usage.

Replacing the socket 775, the new Intel processor arrives on socket with its latest technology and best ever performance at the best price. These new processors with 4 cores, now arrive with their batch of new compared to Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad. It supports dual-channel DDR3 memory controller built into the processor for a faster response time. The Intel Turbo Boost allows you to concentrate all power on a single heart. Essential for applications requiring high computing power.