Thread: Help. Repairing a P4P800-E Deluxe

sad Help. Repairing a P4P800-E Deluxe

I wanted to ask if anyone has managed to repair this board. Recently I replaced the capacitors near the micro thinking that the problem was there (the four large 1200 microfarad). and found that removing the first and leaving only three capacitors, the plate starts well integrated although some are hot. If I leave at 4, the board will not start, but the first capacitor is damaged if it keeps trying. Removing this capacitor, as I said, the board works, but I dare not connect anything to what I said. Unfortunately, I have no measuring equipment to track and find the fault. And I am in the mood to replace all the capacitors of the plate then the problem is not there. If someone piloting a little electronically or returned to the problem of this board (which seems to be common from what I read in some post). We would greatly appreciate that comment.

Re: Help. Repairing a P4P800-E Deluxe

In fact I do not think they are of electrolytic capacitors, since the only role that is current and filters may put it so stabilize lake and make it more pure, so you comment and starts removing a triac sounds more because when you remove charging a capacitor these other remaining and making them spend more current flow and thus can trigger the Triac, but that's bad for both the Triac (for temperature), and for other components of plaque.

Hello Alchmey.

One question. When buying the capacitors I have to take into account any value apart from the value in microfarads? I've been doing testing with another older board that he was sure that it worked well (a P4P800-S). I have removed the original capacitors I put new ones (like those I bought for P4P800E-Deluxe). The ruling is the same as with the P4P800E-Deluxe. No start entry and if it continues to try first capacitor is damaged. If nothing else, may be due to a cold weld. Once you discard all this, I will review the triacs.

Thanks for helping..

One question. When buying the capacitors I have to take into account any value apart from the value in microfarads?
    The electrolyte have another parameter that is the tension that support. Could it be that they're getting 12 V capacitors have you sold and that only supports 8? Usually it is in the longitudinal band with the positive pole. On the other hand these capacitors not only uncouple alternative's why there are lower values, the more it seems that store to maintain a continuous load. I recommend trying an infinite value between the nominal value in microfarads, and 0 farads. You can try the first capacitor to twice or half the original, and stay with the one who does that get hot under the other components, thus correcting the fault you have in another part of the PCB and do not know what may be ...

The truth is that I find it much more appropriate to the "TRIAC" s. .. more eye ... would not triacs and SCR .... actually are not. In a whole motherboard are always several strains that can, among other things to control speed and to drive fast and slow processing. I mean ... the alleged triacs, which are in fact voltage regulators are only covered ...... ... NOTHING MORE. If someone is burned, it is likely that some part of the plate or hot lights, because they are consuming power of another sector ... in the end, only we can be guided by the theme of the temperature ... and the surface disablement some welding yellow or something.

P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard is a very good. WITH took two days and I'm by burial. All I'm going to do is prove that all the "regulators. NON queers and share data. This package embraces the motherboard and add-in card WiFi-b ASUS with an Omni-directional antenna. ASUS WiFi-b 802.11b is modified to solely supply ASUS Software Access Point (AP) and other utilities.