Thread: AM3 vs Bulldozer

AM3 vs Bulldozer

I am looking out on some help between AM3 and Bulldozer. Which cpu should I go for. The most important issue among this is not the cpu but the motherboard. The board is one where compatibility matter. If I go for AM3 and in future if the board fails then that is going to cost me a much higher amount. I am going to upgrade my system soon and need some light on the same.

Re: AM3 vs Bulldozer

Bulldozer is a new architecture by AMD. It is made to support several families of processors and is awaiting major change from the K10. AMD announces a long before the x86 instructions named SSE5 called as Bulldozer. You might need to go for some detailed specification for both. This will tell you about the positive and negative points of the motherboards.

The Bulldozer core architecture looks like the most promising since the arrival of AMD Opteron, according to some analysts. Details are still too few to really speak, but we already know that this heart Bulldozer operate DDR3 RAM and it will bring the operation of its multiple cores specifically for exploiting a single application process. It is quiet designed for multimedia.

I will go with the SSE5 which is heart of Bulldozer and the same should help developers to optimize applications like multimedia heaviest encoding high definition video, and security applications like cryptography. It is designed to work on intensive computing such as scientific simulations and mathematical finance. AMD promises a significant contribution in practice for the user and even to the general public.

If you does not need a board for heavy graphic work or programming then AM3 is quiet suitable for gaming. While Bulldozer is quiet a nice one. It has cache, a scheduler and 2 + AGU 2ALU. The architecture of Bulldozer is innovative. The architecture of Bulldozer has in each core two blocks for the implementation of integers. So this makes it a much higher performance board.

I heard the recently there are three new quad-core models compatible with socket AM3. They were Phenom X4 II 975 Black Edition, Phenom X4 II 910th and Phenom X4 II 820 and on the same hand they will replace the current Phenom X4 II 965 Black Edition, Phenom X4 II 905th and Phenom X4 II 810. The first displays a clock frequency of 3.6 GHz, L2 cache 2MB L3 cache memory of 6MB and a TDP of 140 Watts.

To buy a motherboard first you must check the compatibility of the same with a processor and ram. Like if you are using a DDR-2 and the socket AM2 or AM2 + then there are some new processor which supports backward compatibility. The new board called as X4 955BE is going to support DDR2 and DDR3 with no need to upgrade your whole system.