Thread: AMD SB700 SATA Controller - logical drive "AMD LD 1" goes critical

AMD SB700 SATA Controller - logical drive "AMD LD 1" goes critical

I am having an issue with the HP DC5850 Small Form PC which i am trying to troubleshoot with the RAID issue and getting beep sound and and error message i.e. AMD SB700 SATA Controller - logical drive "AMD LD 1" goes critical. So if you are having the knowledge about the same then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: AMD SB700 SATA Controller - logical drive "AMD LD 1" goes critical

As per your discussion let me tell you that RAID requires the four drive to perform the same. In you case i think that you have 4 drives but you have removed the 2 drives that is why you are getting this error. Also let me know your two drive are mirrored or not? So check the same and work with your issue.

I think that you should contact the AMD regarding this query which you are getting with your device. I think as the AMD is the manufacturer of the device so if you contact them you will get the proper reply which will help you to get rid of the problem you are going through. So contact and see whether you are getting proper reply or not.

I think that the problem related to the array if the RAID which you are using. I think that you are using the RAID array in wrong sequence that is why you are getting the problem with the same. I will advise you to make the array set up properly. So try the same and see whether you are getting it work with it or not.

It might be also possible that the issue started because BIOS of your is not supporting the logical drive and you are getting the same error. Some time the hardware is not detected by the BIOS and that is why you are getting the error with the same. So i think it is better if you update the BIOS and check whether the issue got resolved or not.

As per your problem I think that the issue is with the Array of the RAID only which is not set properly. I advise you to delete the Array of the RAID and reset the array again to work with the system of your which might resolve your issue. But take care while you are setting the same as you might do any mistake of the same.

Hi there, I know i am late for the reply as i was not in touch with my computer. I have read all the replies given by you and wanted to appreciate the effort of all of you. I will work on the suggestion that you have given me and let you know the working for my device. Anyways thanks for all the help given by you.