Thread: PIO DMA problems

PIO DMA problems

I am having an issue with my Laptop which is Acer Aspire 7740G that is running with the Intel 5 series 3400 IDE Controller. When i have checked in the device manager i am getting the current mode is PIO. As i have installed the OS in the IDE mode so thinking this can be problematic. Is there any one can light on this topic. Thanks in advance.

Re: PIO DMA problems

It seems that you are having the problem with the mode you are using. I think due to some error with the DMA mode it automatically switched to the PIO mode. But before reaching to any conclusion first check the device manager and see whether the DMA option is grayed out or not. If it is grayed then there might be some problem.

I have checked the Device manager which you have asked me to do with the same. I have gone through the same and come to know that the DMA is not grayed out and it is working properly. There are not a gray symbol on the same which you are talking about. Also i did not get any error regarding the DMA for the same.

In that case i think that your Intel 5 series 3400 IDE Controller is not working with the device of yours. But if you getting the problem with the same the i will advise you to install the driver for the same and see whether it is working with the new driver that you are going to install in the same. Hope this will work with your issue.

If all the replies are not working for you then let me tell you that you should have to check the Intel Forum. As they are having the expert on their forum which gives the solution regarding your query. So if you wish you can contact the Intel and ask the query of your which you are getting with the device of yours.

I think that there might be the issue of the compatibility of the driver with the system that you are using. First let me know that which Operating system you are running on so that i can found the solution for your problem that is getting with the same. So provide me the detail and see whether my solution will work for you or not.

I am having the same problem with the Windows 7 running system and i having the same PIO and DMA issue about which this topic is started. But my problem got resolved with the installation of the latest driver for IDE controller and i have get my device working with the DMA. So advising you to do the same. Thanks