Thread: Intel X25-M G2 Raid Problem

Intel X25-M G2 Raid Problem

I have recently installed window 7 64 bit edition on my system and it is having firmware 02HA. The thing is that, I am having dual boot system with the window vista x86 on the Raid 0 and having window 7 64 bit on the SSD. The problem is that whenever I am trying to run it the toolbox displays the message that "Raid Not Supported". Well anybody else is facing Intel X25-M G2 Raid problem or I am the only one who is not having the solution for this problem.

Re: Intel X25-M G2 Raid Problem

I think that you are facing this problem, because the active partition is with the bootloader is still in the RAID0 array. You should set the configuration in this way.
    1. The SSD must be connected with first SATA port it will be better if you use port 0 or port1.
    2. Before you install the window 7 you must all the other hard drives.
    3. After that you need to repair the Vista bootloader.
    4. Do not forget to update the driver software.

At the exit of new Intel SSD X25-M with Nand Flash chips engraved in 34 nanometers, some wondered if the new models would support the TRIM function included in Windows 7. With its latest firmware 02HD (revised version 02HA which caused data corruption), Intel meets those worried by announcing full support of TRIM Windows 7. Better still, the TRIM is also supported on Windows XP and Windows Vista through a utility developed by Intel and called DSS Toolbox.

Cons are reserved for specific Intel SSD options as manual execution of the TRIM control or diagnostic tools. If this initiative is welcome, we can only regret that the first Intel SSD engraved in 50 nanometers are not affected by this support of TRIM. The update disc with the new firmware does not erase the contents of the disc while a backup is recommended.

The support of TRIM in XP and Vista is done in two ways: manually, at the request or programmatically. It is possible to program the DSS Toolbox for the TRIM control runs periodically, Intel advising run daily. Intel is not the first to provide such support, since the SSD-based controller Indilinx supports it via the Wiper Utility. This utility is not programmable in itself unfortunately.

For Windows 7, the DSS utility Toolbox is not necessary since the last Microsoft OS natively supports this command unless you have installed the Intel Matrix Storage since in this case, the TRIM effected only through the DSS Toolbox. The disks in RAID are not compatible with the TRIM control. But during testing I have achieved, performance remained heavily degraded under Windows 7, the system adopting the same behavior as the old firmware.

Nothing prevents you, however, is also run manually via the TRIM DSS Toolbox. According to Intel, how Windows 7 handles TRIM is to send regular and programmed the TRIM control to drive without one can invoke it through Windows and not knowing when it was executed. Nowhere in the interface of seven, there is no trace of an option related to TRIM. This may explain the poor results that we found.