Thread: Temperature Problem on Intel Pentium 4

Temperature Problem on Intel Pentium 4

Hello my processor is a Pentium 4 3.2e Ghz with original cooler in a motherboard Intel D865PERL, with two coolers in the cabinet, one on the fret sucking and pulling another back for better airflow. The board itself comes with a soft alert about variations in temperature, voltage and rpm. The software divides the plate into three temperature zones, the micro and on both sides. The first days of using the alarm sounded in Zone 2 which is between the micro and the rear guard, so I put another cooler on the front to get more fresh air. It solved the problem, the issue is that one began to Zonar micro alarm. By default, the software alerts you when this near 50th, 67th marked when you look and not find ways to lower it so that lift the minimum to 70 degrees and background to this case. The issue that bothers me is having to make that amendment and I am concerned that later follow up, besides others who have told me the same micro but their other mother walks in 47ºC. Please help me.!! :

Re: Temperature Problem on Intel Pentium 4

Wiped once the micro cooler and heatsink? Note that this may be the problem, are often filled with dust on top of the sink, right where it enters the air and when the lid is not air flow. I really on my profile I have a mobo tmb d865 perl but with a 2.8 micro note what is not very good the measurement the intel active monitor birds that measures what i want inside the makina with a digital thermometer with a pt100. or either you can use the thermal sensors in the processor.

You should know that thermal sensors in the processor and the system area are expected to survey approximate, in order to rapidly identify abnormal temperature rises. These measures are imprecise, it should not be used to validate a thermal solution. The temperatures displayed by the Intel Active Monitor or Intel utilities for desktop PCs, as applicable, are identified from the ASIC monitoring equipment at the motherboard, which is expected to show whether a temperature is rising or falling. It is the customer to determine whether a device or a thermal management configuration set are appropriate. Intel does not guarantee that just follow the instructions outlined here or in the Product Specifications for configurations with a satisfactory technical performance.

If the Intel Active Monitor utility, or warn you that these temperature exceeds a preset threshold, several possibilities arise. Check that ventilation is adequate :
    • Verify that the CPU fan and chassis work.
    • Check the wiring, make sure in particular that no water is blocking the flow of air into the chassis.
    • Make sure nothing is blocking the vents and ventilation of the chassis. This is common on systems with direct venting (BTX). The chassis manufacturers sometimes add a dust filter before the entry of air from CPU fan. Verify that the filter is clean.
    • Check the air intake vents of external fans are unobstructed and are separated by 5 to 10 cm from the walls and others.
    • Make sure the power supply fan is working properly, like any other block of external ventilation.
    • Consider adding an additional system fan.

I think that you should also follow the steps that are mentioned below :
    • If the PC in question is equipped with an Intel Pentium 4 LGA4 packaging, check that the heatsink is properly installed and locked. Pay particular attention to what pins are fixed in the right direction. To lock, push them a snap (the noise that sounded like that of a double-click). You will find all information related to the integration of CPU and heatsink to the page devoted to the installation of boxed processors .
    • Verify that the chassis or case and power supply are adapted to the processor (type and frequency) and the motherboard in question.
    • Verify that the thermal solution is tailored to the processor concerned and its frequency.

After you update the BIOS on some motherboards Intel Desktop, it is possible that the CPU fan is not running at full speed as the processor does not reach 72° C (162° F) and other fans are not running full speed before 75° C (167° F). The heat alert thresholds are in the utility Intel Desktop Boards. These values on some processors have not always been accessible to the BIOS. It is therefore unable to pass the necessary orders for ventilation. (The fans are always at full throttle.) With the recent updates, the thermal values are read by the BIOS that can trigger the command. This means that the processor can reach 75° C before the fan is running at full speed. The command therefore allows temperatures to rise to an optimal level while the fans are idle and therefore less noisy.

The product specifications of each motherboard Intel Desktop contain information about hardware monitoring and temperature zone. Refer to these sections of product specifications :
    • Subsystem hardware management
    • Thermal Considerations