Thread: Help getting i7-720 Intel Turbo Boost Technology to work

Help getting i7-720 Intel Turbo Boost Technology to work

I need some help related to cpu. I have a Core i7-720 CPU with a Intel motherboard and 4GB RAM support. I had purchased the entire system from dell. Now I am noticing a strange issue on my system. I am not able to overclock my system. I had scan the system with CPU-Z and I am not getting any multiplier to move there. My processor is stuck on 1.6Ghz. I heard about ntel Turbo Boost Technology. How does this works.

Re: Help getting i7-720 Intel Turbo Boost Technology to work

Just try to reload your CPU drivers. You can get that from intel site. Download the setup and run it. You may need an updated BIOS that it fully recognizes the CPU and uses all its functions. But the case is bit tough no assembled system. Is there any incompatibility you find for the drivers. Just visit the officail site and download new drivers for this. Run it and then check back.

Does it seem you are not the only victim of this type of problem. I had found some more post on other forums. But the question for which I am seeking solution is that AC can walk without a pilot. The Intel Turbo Boost Technology is not directly integrated into the system. I thought then this can be possible to use by some function or through a software which manages the same. Therefore there is a risk of bugs.

When you do not use all hearts say that you used both the core the the processor shuts off other core and increases the frequency of core which you are using currently. It's like a sort of automatic overclocking heart. No need for your intervention. But if you face any problem related to this then just contact intel for the same. Might be possible that you may need a replacement for the same.

I just now installed Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor to optimize my performance. I am using Intel Core i5-650 CPU. Shortly after I made my BIOS update I am facing certain issue with this. My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H. After flashing I had to reboot the pc and there I see an error message on the small part of Intel Turbo Boost which must be enabled. The problem is that there is no software for managing this in start menu which can gives access to its configuration.

Three Core and Core i7 i5 Lynnfield show TDP of 95W requiring the ECP to better manage their consumption. PKU sees its task further complicated by implementation of Turbo Boost. With three or four cores active, the Core i7-750 and i5-860 are frequency ugoes up high. Butt with only two active cores the three models have four notches (533 MHz) for improvement. And with one core assets, the two Core i7 667 MHz earn while they remain below 95W.

I am not sure about this term but there is very little of which I know about. If you want to know more about it then you can use a tool which monitor Intel Turbo Boost Technology. This will help you to determine the performance of the same. You must first check that your cpu is working fine with the motherboard. That means the compatibility settings.