Thread: Intel DG33FB Windows 7 and BIOS update problem

Intel DG33FB Windows 7 and BIOS update problem

I am not able to upgrade the BIOS for the Intel DG33FB mother board. Recent BIOS version is 0293 and I am struggling to update it to 0572 and to possible solve the problem. Express BIOS updates restarts the machine, the only thing I am getting is the black picture for more than fifteen seconds and after that restarts. It is also giving me error message that firmware is detecting checksum error in CMOS. Is there any solution for this Intel DG33FB Windows 7 and BIOS update problem?

Re: Intel DG33FB Windows 7 and BIOS update problem

According to me it is BIOS configuration jumper and it not the CMOS jumper. I was also having this problem but FAT32 is worked for me. You just need to make sure that if you are not getting anything on screen that sometimes happen that you are sure that the system is not able to read from the pen drive.

I just bought a Shuttle with SATA drives. The manual says it must insert the disk specific drivers after F6 during the boot installation of Windows. Now my wonderful Shuttle has no floppy drive (that's 5 years than I used more). Is there a trick to get out of there? If you have any related information then do not hesitate to post the reply.

Except for your sata drivers in fact it is on one CD or you can find on the manufactures website of you mother board. For getting the driver you have to provide the details of your mother board. I would find them for you if you have a cd driver is generally not an executable but a folder with files. inf. cat, et.sys. Home for my intel controller have files iaahci.cat iastor.cat iaahci.inf iastor.inf and iastor.sys. Especially do not try to find files that have the name on your cd because it would really be a chance that you have the same but you never know about it.

It is possible that the only problem you will encounter the recognition of SATA hard disk during the installation of XP so for AC you must either use the f6 key during installation and to load the SATA drivers through a floppy disk or the integration method of drivers actually come on a cd windows you had recreated using nLite.