Thread: Intel DX58SO Gives an error on start up

Intel DX58SO Gives an error on start up

My computer specifications includes an Intel DX58so motherboard and Core i7 920 processor. It has Corsair 750W PSU, Seagate 500GB Harddrive, GSkill 4GB (2x2) DDR 3 Ram and Sapphire HD 5770 video card. When i shut down this system and turn it on back then i get an error that The System BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempts
    Possible causes include recent changes to BIOS performance options or recent hardware changes.

Re: Intel DX58SO Gives an error on start up

I think there would be some hardware which would be getting installed on your system each time when you start up your computer. I would suggest you to make sure that is there any hardware which can do like this such as printer or any other portable device like Hard Drive which might be getting installed everytime.

If you have recently flashed your bios then this kind of problem can persist. Specially when you have flashed it by using an USB stick or floppy drive method as both of this medium has chance of loosing the data from it or it might get corrupted. You might have to reset the bios jumper which could solve this problem.

There are up to five methods of updating an IntelĀ® Desktop Board BIOS to the latest version. The number of options made available for any particular board may vary depending on drive support and BIOS update file size. You only need to use one.
    • Express BIOS Update
    • Iflash BIOS Update
    • ISO Image BIOS Update
    • Recovery BIOS Update
    • Integrator Toolkit BIOS Files

With the Iflash BIOS update utility you can update the BIOS from a floppy disk, bootable CD-ROM, bootable USB flash drive or other bootable USB media. (Information on how to create a bootable USB device or CD is listed at the end of this document.)
    Step 1: Create the bootable media (floppy, CD or USB device) containing the BIOS update.
    Step 2: Update the BIOS of the target computer.

If you are updating the BIOS using the floppy then first you have to download an iFlash BIOS Update file and save it to the floppy disk. Now open an *.exe file. Now you have to press Y to extract necessary files. Now you have to double click on the Run.BAT file.

I guess this would be something related to the poor memory. This might be happening because of the voltage not being correctly set. I think you should check for the both the things on your system and make sure that memory used on your machine is according to the voltage of your motherboard.