Thread: Does Intel GMA 4500MHD have tv-out capability

Does Intel GMA 4500MHD have tv-out capability

I am going to purchase a new notebook recently but in a big confusion. The notebook that I am going to purchase comes with Intel 4500MHD video card. I have also seen that the notebook also have VGA port but I didn't find any DVI or HDMI port and here is my problem. So I decided to purchase a VGA to RCA/S-Video cable. But according to the manufacture of the cable, it requires TV port in order to get it functional. I am in doubt if the notebook that I saw have any TV output. Can you tell me if there is any TV output on that video card?

Re: Does Intel GMA 4500MHD have tv-out capability

According to the specification and features mentioned on Intel website, Intel GMA 4500MHD supports display/video output including VGA, LVDS, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort. So I think you don't require any external cable to play HD or BluRay movies. It should work very well. The Intel GM45 Express chipset provides outstanding flexibility by offering excellent graphics, memory and I/O bandwidth, as well as remote asset management capabilities, storage speed and reliability.

I also have Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics card on my laptop and am having a lot of problem playing bluray movies on my laptop. Although you will find the DVI and HDMI port on the card, but it will still not work on your computer. This is what my experience says. I even tried using VGA to S-Video/RCA cable purchased from a local hardware retailer but it is also not working and I don't what is the reason behind this. I am now very frustrated and thinking of to throw this card.

Now a days almost all of the laptops have HDMI ports. Intel GMA 4500MHD supports DXVA and also has HDMI port, so you can play Full HD and Blu-Rays provided you have the appropriate players for the same to get played. The only concern is the media player that you are using on it. If you media player can utilize the DXVA hardware acceleration than you don't have to worry about. Certainly, Windows Media Player do supports DXVA.