Thread: Can't open BIOS setup on Intel DP45SG motherboard

Can't open BIOS setup on Intel DP45SG motherboard

Please help me in solving this issue. I have a desktop computer which has Intel DP45SG motherboard installed on it. I wanted to setup RAID setup for my computer for which I entered the BIOS setup and enabled RAID. After exiting the BIOS setup, I configured the RAID configuration and rebooted the computer but the system does not boot. It gets stuck up at the raid configuration screen. I tried to enter the BIOS of the system to revert the changes but I am not able to open the BIOS setup on the computer. How do I solve this problem? Will I have to replace the motherboard? Please help.

Re: Can't open BIOS setup on Intel DP45SG motherboard

Hey I am also facing the same problem with the Intel motherboard which I am using. I am not able to enter the BIOS setup of the motherboard by pressing the F2 while booting. I also had changed some of the BIOS setting on the computer and now the system is not booting or letting me change the BIOS settings. So if there are any solutions for this problem, please suggest it.

All the information about the devices connected to the computer and the booting information is saved in the BIOS information. Therefore if the BIOS of the system is not working properly, it will give rise to such problems. Open the computer and located the battery on the motherboard. Remove the battery from the motherboard and check the voltage of the battery. Replace the battery if the voltage is less than 2 volts. After replacing the battery, see if the system is working properly or not.

You can enable the configuration mode on the motherboard and enter the BIOS setup of the system. As you are not able to enter the BIOS setup by pressing F2 key, open the laptop and change the Jumper location on the motherboard, from Normal mode to configure mode and start the computer. Now press F2 to load the BIOS setup of the computer. Hope it works.

Try to clear the CMOS of the motherboard and then see if the system is booting. Sometimes when there are major changes in the BIOS of the system, the CMOS entries are to be cleared. If there are some invalid entries stored in the CMOS, the system will not boot. To clear the CMOS of the motherboard, remove the button cell from the motherboard and let the motherboard sit for about 1 hour. Start the computer and check if the BIOS setup can be accessed or not.

Do you have a dual monitor configuration? I was also facing the same problem on my computer due to dual monitor configuration. The raid configuration screen visible on my computer was a cache image which was being shown due to dual monitor configuration. Pressing enter on the RAID configuration screen, opened the BIOS setup where I reverted all the changes and brought the computer back to working state. Hope it will work for you too.