Thread: Intel s5520ur no boot after update

Intel s5520ur no boot after update

Please help I am in real trouble. I have a Server system which has Intel S5520UR server motherboard. I recently updated the BIOS on the motherboard but now the system is not booting at all. The BIOS update was successful and I dont think it has caused this failure. There is no video or audio when the computer is started. I am not able to go to the BIOS setup screen. Does this mean my motherboard has stocked? Please suggest some solutions to make the computer work. Any suggestions/solutions are welcome.

Re: Intel s5520ur no boot after update

I think the motherboard has stocked as the BIOS update procedure must have not completed. All the information required for booting of the computer is saved in the BIOS of the system. Hence if the BIOS of the system is having some problems, the system wont boot. I am afraid but the only solution to get the computer work again is to replace the motherboard.

All the motherboards have a battery on it. This battery helps the BIOS in saving all the information required. After updating the BIOS of the system, the battery on the motherboard should be removed and then replaced on the motherboard. Remove the battery and check the voltage across the battery. The voltage of the battery should be above 2 volts. If the voltage is less than 2 volts, replace the battery and check if the system boots.

There must be a way to recover the BIOS on the motherboard. Server motherboards are built for getting maximum performance and hence there must be some ways in which the BIOS of the system can be recovered. I will suggest that you contact the Intel support and ask for the steps for recovering the BIOS of the system. I hope recovering the BIOS will solve the problem.

According to me the BMC firmware on the motherboard has corrupted due to which you are not able to get the system to work. While updating the BIOS of the motherboard, the BMC firmware must have got corrupted and hence the motherboard is not able to provide services. Recover the BMC firmware and see if the system is booting. You can also force the BMC firmware to force update.