Thread: DX58SO hanging at bootup

DX58SO hanging at bootup

Hi, i have a desktop computer at my home on which i did a fresh installation of Windows 7. Installation went fine, no probs. But now when boot the computer my hangs for a while at before booting. What i can see is a black screen and only there is a cursor blinking on the screen at the upper left corner of the screen. It stays there for a about 8 to 10 seconds and than boots normally. Am not aware of this problem but i guess it might be cause of my DX58SO motherboard. What you guys say? Please suggest something to fix it out.

Re: DX58SO hanging at bootup

No matter it is a motherboard problem, but not many stuff form system would have an effect on the hardware in such method. What I can suggest you is disconnect all HDD drives and ODD and then boot the system. Now observe is it still like same or getting to boot any faster. If it execute then connect one drive at a time and notice due to which it was hanging. If it not solved with any of the drive , than do a reply here.

Most probably this appears to be an issue with the partion table info, but am too don’t have perfect solution to fix it out. But anyways, press F2 at the bootup and ensure USB Legacy Device is stopped. Also make sure that on the Boot options the USB device is below of hard drive. Now try to reboot. Hope it would not appear.

Also you be supposed to use the main SATA ports, 0 & 1. These must be the Intel ICH10 ports incase your X58 is alike to mine. In my case, the final two ports are JMicron ports that are as sluggish as heck.

This problem could be a cause of number of problems, together with unseated processor or a defective HDD. So first of all you should reseat whichever memory or processors you can locate. In simple words, I meant to pull them out and put in back again where they were. If this too doesn’t works than you need to go for a new hard drive. Also ensure that your motherboard jumpers should be configured for SLI. If you are not aware of this , do a search and make it.

"Here is how to fix the Black screen with cursor at top left of screen:
    1. First make sure you have your Nforce drivers for you motherboard installed- and download the lastest graphic driver and save to desktop.
    2. Uninstall your video cards through your device manager ( Control panel>system>Device manager ). When prompted to restard hit NO and then
    3. turn off your computer.
    4. Take your second card out and just leave your main one in. Main one will be the one closes to your CPU on the motherboard. Turn on your computer.
    5. Install the card with the latest graphic driver that you have saved on your desktop. When prompted to restart select NO and then once again turn off your computer yourself.
    6. Now place the SECOND card back into your computer and don't forget to connect them with your SLI bridge. Make sure the bridge is on correctly- the cards SLI connectors will have a mark on them (usually white arrow) that will match up with marks on the SLI bridge itself. Just take your time and look at them...
    7. Ok now turn on your computer. When windows starts up it will install your second card with the same driver as your first card. To double check this just go back into your Device Manager and look at your driver under Display Adaptor.
    8. I forget if at this point IF your computer asks your to reboot. If so do it.
    9. When your computer starts back up it will inform you that it is now configured for SLI and will ask you to click on the icon to go into the Nvidia control panel and enable it. DO NOT DO THIS. Instead, go into the Nvidia control panel and change the computer's resolution to 1024 x 768.
    10. Once the resolution is changed in the Nvidia Control Panel under 3D Settings click into SET SLI and PhysX Configuration.
    11. Enable SLI. Your screen will blink a few times ( took me about 10 seconds but give it up to 30 seconds ) then a popup will ask if you would like to keep these settings.

Thats it.
    Source:tomshardware.com"