Thread: 2010 Macbook Pro 17" i7 heat question

2010 Macbook Pro 17" i7 heat question

Recently i purchased a 2010 Macbook Pro 17" i7. It have great work and control the operation of the computer. But CPU will have a lot of heat, so the desktop through the air circulation fan and heat sink from the floor, consisting of channel and find system for taking processor heat temperature of various parts. Please help.

Heat problem has been the technical bottleneck of macbook computers and challenges, their relationship to the laptop's overall stability and performance appraisal. Currently, notebook computer, the most commonly used method for passive cooling the processor cooling and active active cooling method. The i7 Passive cooling design can meet the rough 8WThermal heat demand. However, access to Pentium i7 with the continuing increase in heat consumption.

Actually Laptops have a small fan, radiator, heat pipe thermal films or to help discharge CPU heat. Some of the more high-end notebook models and even through the heat pipe arrangement along the channel filling coolant to reduce heat. In addition, most notebook computers are close to the case of the edge CPU. This fan can be directly blown to the outside heat, not blowing the other parts.

Users have report great heat issues. Because of Heavy load on the MacBook Pro can build the machine hot to the handle. It is potential to burn manually if your skin is receptive to heat. Apple's tech support line will update you that this machine is not preordained to be used on your lap, hence it creature called a "notebook". Apple has affirmed that it cannot guarantee the machine will run within condition if used on your risk.

You need to Download and install the SMC Fan Control for Mac. This utility permits you to place a higher speed for the fans, and resolve exhibit the interior temp of your MacBook Pro (or MacBook) in the menu. I have set up running the fans at a higher speed than the defaulting 1000RPM helps a group. I find in a temperate room, when running Photoshop that I have to maintain the fans at 4000RPM to keep up a temp of less than 150F. PS, this has help with the ATI display problem below, but not completely set it.

Re: 2010 Macbook Pro 17" i7 heat question

For any laptop with existing processors, heat from the tool is sizeable when the mechanism is taxed. In effect what is desired is a heat-sink. A large piece of thermally conductive material that is formed such that air may flow around it while the laptop sits atop is ideal for this. In fact, the more surface area, and the better the air-flow, the better. I use a portion of scrap steel that I salvage from a wheel cart circa 1950. It is about 10 pounds and approximately the dimensions of a large pizza box. The side limits have a broad arc cut absent so that air can easily flow beneath.

Re: 2010 Macbook Pro 17" i7 heat question

While there are figures of reasons that your Mac can be heating up, as well as some scary hardware problems - like a failing power supply - that would mean you require obtaining it in for repair as soon as possible. It’s more probable that you have a stuck process that is cause the CPU to run full-tilt and heat up. Yup, it's similar to your brain: if you use it a lot, your computer gets a bit of a annoyance. It's not easy to find, but Apple actually includes a utility with Mac OS X that lets you find out if you have a runaway process of this nature. I think that's a good place to start.