Thread: How to flash bios for an ASUS motherboard?

How to flash bios for an ASUS motherboard?

I am facing some problem with the desktop computer which has an Asus motherboard. The performance of the computer has degraded and some of the new hardware do not get detected on the computer. Hence I want to upgrade the BIOS on the computer. So I want to know how to flash BIOS for an Asus motherboard . Please help.

Re: How to flash bios for an ASUS motherboard?

As you want to Flash the BIOS on the motherboard, you will have to download the latest version of BIOS from the official website of Asus. Go to the download and support section on the website and search for the updated BIOS for the model of the motherboard which you are using. Download the updated BIOS and install it on the motherboard. Hopefully the post helps.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I visited the official website of Asus and downloaded the latest BIOS update which was available on the computer but I dont know how to install the update on the motherboard. Hence I need somebody to guide me through the installation procedure so that I will not commit any mistake. Please help.

It is very easy to update the BIOS on the motherboard. You have already downloaded the updated BIOS file on the computer and to install it on the motherboard, note the location of the file on the computer and restart the computer in the Command prompt mode. Execute the file from the command prompt and let the procedure complete. The file can also be executed from the Windows environment but sometimes the system freezes while updating the firmware and hence command prompt should be used.

I started the updating procedure for the BIOS but it quit in middle and now the computer starts and gives an error saying "Floppy drive is missing" . Does this mean my motherboard has gone bad. The computer is not booting at all. Is there any way in which I can bring the motherboard back to working state?

The update procedure has failed and due to which the system is not working properly. You will have to recover the BIOS installation on the motherboard to make the computer work properly. Asus motherboards have a fail safe BIOS which can be recovered using a Recovery tool which is present on the support disk provided by Asus. Insert the support disk and let the BIOS recovery procedure complete. See if the computer works properly or not.