Thread: HP Array Configuration Utility Software

HP Array Configuration Utility Software

I only installed ESX 3.5 on a novel HP DL380 G5 server through a SmartArray P400/256 interior RAID controller. I want to put HP's Array Configuration Utility on the server. So that I can find out the performance of local RAID system. I went ton the HP System Management Homepage, and downloaded the Linux version of the ACU application and tried to install it. I got a rpm complain regarding failed dependencies (libstdc++.so.6 is needed by cpqacuxe-8.28-13.0). I looked on the web but I am unable to find anything. I want some help here to fix this problem.

I am having HP SIM setup, however even only utilize HP system management homepage to watch the esx box server health. Only you have to download the HP agents and then install them through cli . Then you could see the computer management homepage by pointing a web browser to the esx box's IP. For esxi, did you setup the HP version of esxi which is having the management agents built in.

Re: HP Array Configuration Utility Software

May I know which application you have installed on ESX3.5 to view the HP Array configuration utility. And I am attempting to do the similar on ESX4 installed HP System Management Software of 8.2.5 however I am not getting the expected results. I am trying this in assessment version of ESX4 is so as to the cause of unexpected consequences.

Every Smart Array products share a ordinary set of configuration, organization and diagnostic tools, counting Array Configuration Utility (ACU), Array Diagnostic Utility (ADU), and Systems Insight Manager. This application constancy of tools minimizes the prizes of training for every successive generation of product and gets a great deal of the guesswork out of troubleshooting field difficulties.

HP Array Configuration Utility (ACU)

Powerful Web based configuration utility for all Smart Array controllers
    Provides a graphical view of HP drive array configurations
    Allows for management of multiple arrays over a secure internet connection from anywhere in the world
    Easy to use Wizards for configuration
    Runs offline for all supported Operating Systems on the ProLiant 300 and 500 series and runs online for Windows and Linux-- for online configuration on NetWare, use CPQONLIN