Thread: Asus FTP (.com.tw) question

Asus FTP (.com.tw) question

I am facing a weird problem the link that I was using for my site from the last couple of years, suddenly seem to disappeared. I am trying to access the content of the website but I am unable to do so. I do not have any idea why I am getting this kind of weird error.
    Did the FTP go private?
    Any help related to this Asus FTP (.com.tw) problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: Asus FTP (.com.tw) question

Hi guys,
    Recently I have bought a new Asus laptop and I have installed windows XP on it. I am trying to download the driver for my laptop from the Asus site but it is taking a long time to complete and the download speed I am getting is really worst. That is why I need to know is there any FTP server for the Asus site because, not only there is an issue of slow download but I am also getting connection time out. If there is any FTP server available then I will able to continue to download.

Many thanks.

It is not necessary that you have to download the drivers for your Asus Laptop from it official sites. There are many site which can provide you the same drivers for your laptop.
    You can easily download the Asus drivers from this site
    http://www.techarena.in
    You have to just search for the drivers you need an you will be given a list of drives related to your laptop.

Hi,
    Currently I am using Asus P5B-VM SE laptop and downloaded the BIOS (basic input/output system) drivers for it. But after downloading and installing it on my system I am getting an error message that displays some thing like this
    quotes
    bios data does no match with the content in the file

Can anybody help me with this issue?

First of all just make sure that you have downloaded the correct version of BIOS for your laptop or more precisely motherboard.
    It will be better if download the BIOS updates from the official site of Asus, after that install these files on CD or DVD and also make sure that you have downloaded the correct files I mean make sure that the files are not corrupted.

Well here are the step that will solve you probem
    1. Firs make the USB bootable drive through USB Boot drive (HPUSBFW)
    2. After that download the files and extract it in the folder of your choice.
    3. Then run the HPUSBFW and then select the right USB device from the drop – down menu.
    4. After that you have to browse for the extracted boot files and after that press start to begin formatting.
    5. If the device is done, then just copy the AFUDOS and the bios.rom.
    6. Do not forget to rename it to new.rom then unzip it to the USB drive.
    7. After that restart the system and go to the default BIOS options and then RAM voltage and then restart it.
    8. Now keep pressing F8 for going in the boot option and you just have select the USB drive.
    9. At the C: type afudos /inew.rom /pbnc /n
    10. This will begin the flashing and remember do not do anything till bios complete the flashing and you are given a message for restarting.

I have tried the step you have mentioned in the above reply but I am getting an error message that displays "checksum bad" when the machine was restarting.
    I do not know what is the reason may asus have listed the wrong bios on their site. I will try to download a little older version may be this will solve the issue.
    One more thing I am sure that I have chosen the right board may be it seems to have chip issue.