Thread: ATK0110 acpi utility error

ATK0110 acpi utility error

Currently I am using Asus Vintage AE1 barebone. The BB comprises of the Asus K8S-MV board. I am having windows XP operating system with the service pack 2, the problem is that it keeps finding an unknown device (ATK0110 ACPI utility). But there are no drivers present on the CD which I have got when I have bought Asus Vintage. I have also searched for it on the Asus official website but no result. So I want to know that is this any kind of ATK0110 acpi utility error

Please help!

Re: ATK0110 acpi utility error

According to me ATK0110 is a pseudo-device. To be more precise it is the ACPI interface for the hardware, that it used by the "AI Booster" program. This will either install "AI Booster", or perhaps try to search for Windows Update, and looks if there is a driver present there that can clean up Device Manager for you.

The ATK is an acronym for AsusTek that means ATK0110 is registered to Asus, for using it as pseudo-device. Hence I can say with confidence that it not an error for sure.

Hello,
    I know that ATK is used for accessing things like the clock generator or it can be used for multiplier settings if I need to change the setting while using windows operating system. But the problem is that Windows Update wants to install update called that is known as "ATK - system - ATK0110 ACPI utility, but I do not know why it failing and displaying the
    error Code 80070103.
    so I need to know how to solve this issue and basically which problem is causing this issue.

First of all at the time asking for the solution for your problem please mention your full Windows version. Some thing like this ; Windows XP SP3; Windows XP 64-bit SP2, Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2, Win7, or Win7 64-bit.
    Because it will help me to provide you a perfect solution for your problem and it also help me to understand the problem in a better way.

If you receive Windows Update error 80070103 while installing updates, you might be trying to install a driver that is already installed on your computer or a driver that has a lower compatibility rating than one you already have installed. To find more information or to get help, try these options:

• If you want to install the latest driver for a specific device, program, or game, try manually updating the driver instead of using Windows Update. For more information, see Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly.
    • Go to the Discussions in Windows Update website to see if someone else has found a solution or to request help from other Windows users.
    • Go to the Windows Update Support Center website to try to find more information about the error code or to request support by e mail.
    • To hide the update so it is not offered again, click the plus sign (+) under the title of the update, and then select the don’t show this update again check box.

I am using "Asus P6T SE", motherboard and I have gone to the motherboard manufacture’s web site and downloaded the ATK0110 driver from there and installed in my system. Now the problem of the wrong update and the error message are vanished from my computer system. If anybody else is facing the similar kind of problem then I will suggest you to the same .
    I hope this reply can help someone.

I have installed Ultimate X86 (32bit) and each and everything in that is present in the Device Manager seems to look fine. I am not running any complicated system but simple setup and all the hardware and software I am using are Vista Compliant.

But, even after performing such a clean install I continue to get Event 6 ACPI Error:

IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot , function 0
    I do not have clear idea but there is any Is this a bios issue ?