Thread: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

Hi,
    I had received a mail from Gigabytes Tech support regarding the DPC Latency spiking on P35 Motherboards after updating official BIOS of Gigabyte. The mail states this fresh update will lower the latency of audio performance. The same is noticed by most of the users who are using the similar board on Digital Audio Workstations. It is necessary that you must contact to the tech support for similar matter.

Re: P35 Motherboards and DPC Latency Spiking

I have a similar system which is working on P35 Motherboard. The system is quiet stable with the Beta version of BIOS which I was using before. In that version the only issue which I had noticed on the motherboard is that the vcore settings are not so effective. I was trying to go for the update but now I will continue with this one only. It is useless in making the system unstable.

The only issue with the Beta version of BIOS is that when I stock speed at the time of overclocking with the DES software I am not able reduce the vcore in order to down clock the processor. Gigabyte stated that they are working on resolving issues but the official BIOS is still not able to work properly. Not good for those who work o audio workstation.

I have GA-P35-S3G motherboard which has a similar issue. In my case I got a message from tech support that the RD, DPC high latency is caused by ICH6390 Label Data update. The ICH6390 Label data is usually at the initial settings on booting. This is also mentioned in the specification data of Intel and the same is certified. They said that they are not able to work on the BIOS and will forward any further suggestion.

I also got a shocking reply from them. Gigabyte is not providing a proper solution for DPC Latency spiking in audio and video rendering. It has reduced and I had tested the similar on my board. The output which I am getting now is falling down. Other chipset motherboard does not seems to have this problem in their motherboard. Please don't fail to provide any fix for this.

You can try back to contact Gigabyte Tech Support. I think they can get the BIOS for testing. On a forum discussion I had gone through a similar post regarding this issue. It stated that according to Gigabyte the problem is caused due to southbridge of Intel specification. I had tried to locate some resources for this but could found any proper fix for this.

I had not yet run DPC latency checker on my motherboard which is GA-P35-DS4 to checkout the DPC Latency spiking issue. Till now I had not yet noticed any issue here and my motherboard works well on audio and video. It might be soon Gigabyte will release a fix for this to resolve the DPC Latency spiking issue. For some motherboard this is a major issue.

Hey,
    Just today I've notice a huge performance drop in both Audio/Video and Gaming.
    I have run the DPC Latency checker. Seems I'm spiking quite a lot.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2822/spiking.jpg

I'm going to contact Gigabyte to see if they can help, unless someone knows why this is happening and if there is a fix out yet.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm using a P35 DS3R Board, on Windows 7 x64.