Thread: A205-S4587 Power / Motherboard Issue

A205-S4587 Power / Motherboard Issue

Hello everybody. I have an Toshiba A205-S4587 Laptop which is installed with Windows XP operating system. The laptop worked fine for all these years and but now the laptop freezes intermittently. The laptop freezes when any application is tried to open it. Also the laptop cannot be plugged into AC supply while the laptop is working. So if anybody is facing similar A205-S4587 Power / Motherboard Issue then please suggest some solutions about the topic. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: A205-S4587 Power / Motherboard Issue

The AC power adapter which you are using to charge the laptop must be faulty due to which the laptop if freezing when it is tried to charge. The output voltage of the power adapter must be fluctuating due to which the laptop is freezing. Check the output voltage of the power adapter of the laptop and see if it matches with the voltage which is specified on the charger. If the output voltage does not match with the ratings which are specified then you will have to change the power adapter as it is faulty.

I think the operating system which is installed on the computer is not working properly and hence the laptop is not working properly. There are lot of files which are associated to the operating system. The operating system of the computer will not work properly if any of the file which is associated to it is corrupt or missing on the system. Therefore I would suggest that you insert the installation disk of the operating system and boot the system from the drive. Repair the current windows installation or install a fresh copy of the operating system. Let the procedure complete. Once the procedure is completed, see if the problem persists.

According to me the motherboard of the laptop is not working properly and hence you are facing such problems. Motherboard of the computer is responsible for controlling all the functions which are performed by the computer. Hence if the motherboard of the computer is not working properly the system will hang frequently. Contact the Toshiba customer support center and get the motherboard of the laptop checked by their technician. If the motherboard is faulty then you will have to replace the motherboard of laptop. After replacing the motherboard, you will not face the same problem again.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The charging terminal which is present on the motherboard will have to be replaced. I am having the same model of the laptop which gave same problem if the laptop was used when the AC adapter is connected. The laptop did not work at all when the AC adapter is connected to the laptop. To solve the problem, you will have to change the charging terminal present on the laptop. The soldering of the charging points gets tampered due to frequent connection of AC adapter and hence it has to be resoldered. Take the laptop to the authorized service center and get the charging point replaced.

Thanks for replying to post. As suggested I took the laptop to the authorized service center and got it checked. As suspected the problem was with the charging point of the laptop. The charging point was creating some lose connection due to which the system was not working. Replacing the charging point solved the problem.