Thread: Compaq desktop showing Blue screen when using two RAM

Compaq desktop showing Blue screen when using two RAM

I have the Compaq desktop computer system which initially came with the 2GB of RAM and one vacant RAM slot for upgrading. Recently i bought new RAM and attached it in the RAM slot of the motherboard. After that the system is starting but before the login screen the system shuts down by showing the Blue screen. This desktop has the Windows Vista operating system. So how can i resolve this Blue screen issue of Compaq desktop showing when using two RAM.

Re: Compaq desktop showing Blue screen when using two RAM

You are having the Compaq desktop computer system and you have installed the Windows Vista operating system in this desktop computer system. You are getting blue screen problem at the start up of the computer after attaching the new RAM in this computer system. There are two RAM slots on the motherboard of this desktop computer. There can be many reason for this problem. First of all check that you have connected the RAM properly in the RAM slot.

Make sure that you have purchased and attached the proper compatible RAM with the motherboard of your desktop computer system. I will advice you to check again the compatible type of RAM with your desktop computer system. You can refer the old RAM of the computer for getting the new RAM for this desktop. This is most common reason for this type of the issue.

If you have attached the proper compatible RAM with the computer system then it may be possible that the new RAM you have attached to your desktop is faulty. I will recommend you to start the system only with the new RAM only and check that the system is starting or not. If you are facing still the same problem then the RAM is faulty.

If you are having proper compatible RAM with your desktop computer system then also you are getting this issue then may be there is some issue with the RAM slot of motherboard. Insert the old RAM of the computer in the slot in which you are attaching the new RAM. If the problem exists with the old RAM also in the other RAM slot than there is problem in the RAM slot of the computer system.

It is also possible that there is no problem with the RAM of your desktop computer system or with the RAM slot of the motherboard. May be some hardware part of the system is get disconnected or loose when you were trying to attach the new RAM in you computer system. So i will recommend you to reconnect all the hardware on the motherboard properly. This will resolve the problem.