Thread: How to flash BIOS for DFI MI P55-T36

How to flash BIOS for DFI MI P55-T36

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which is powered by Intel dual core processor and has a DFI MI P55-T36 motherboard. I use the computer for gaming and for that I installed a new graphic card on the system. The graphic card has x16 mode but the graphic card is running on x1 mode. One of my friend suggested that the problem is due to the outdated BIOS. Now I want to run the graphic card is x16 mode and hence I need to flash BIOS, therefore I want to know How to flash BIOS for DFI MI P55-T36? So if anybody knows the procedure then please share some information about the same which will help me in solving the issue.

Re: How to flash BIOS for DFI MI P55-T36

To flash the BIOS of the motherboard, you will have to visit the official website of the manufacturer of the motherboard and search for the latest BIOS which is available for the model of the motherboard which you are using. Download the updated BIOS on the computer and then update the BIOS on the motherboard. Be careful while updating the BIOS on the computer as incomplete installation of the BIOS will lead to total system failure. Once the BIOS is updated, the graphic card will work without any problem.

To update the BIOS of the motherboard, you will require the .bin file. The bin file contains all the information for the BIOS update. Download the Bin file and then run the .bin file on the computer. First the installer will check for the BIOS which is installed on the motherboard and will see if the BIOS on the motherboard needs to be updated. If the BIOS needs to be updated then the update procedure will start. Do not touch the computer while the update procedure is going on. Once the update procedure is completed, it will prompt for a system restart. Restart the system and then see if the graphic card works or not.

As suggested I downloaded the latest BIOS update from the official website of the motherboard. From the Zip file I extracted the BIN file and then started the installation but the system got stuck midways and I had to restart the computer. After restarting the computer was not able to go further than the POST screen. Now the computer gets stuck at the POST screen. Does this mean the motherboard has gone? Please help.

You should have started the update procedure from Command prompt mode. Sometimes the computer freezes while updating BIOS in Windows and therefore it is safe to use command prompt while updating BIOS. Now the BIOS on the motherboard has got corrupt and hence you will not be able to boot the system. You will have to take the motherboard to the service center and get the BIOS chip replaced. Once the BIOS chip is replaced, your problem will be solved.